Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MANY MARVEL G400-TV PROBLEMS, PLEASE READ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MANY MARVEL G400-TV PROBLEMS, PLEASE READ!

I'm seriously starting to get pissed off at my Marvel G400-TV, i'm having MANY problems, let me list them and hopefully someone can tell me how i can fix these problems:

1. a VERY ANNOYING buzzing/humming sound comes out of my line-in into the speakers, this is very annoying and it only stops when i use the PC-VCR software and goes away. Everytime I boot windows it comes back again until i use PC-VCR again or mute my Line-In.

2. Any program using MJPEG crashes my computer 80% of the time. Though when i change my resoultion from 1024x768 16-bit to 800x600 16-bit that percentage is reduced to 40%, weird isnt it.

3. When I create a 352x240 MJPEG high quality avi using PC-VCR and attempt to play it back in Windows Media Player it thinks that the AVI is in that 704x### weird resoultion, it even says it in the file properties in the program that the .avi is 704x###, but it is indeed 352x240. If i open it in a program i have called VirtualDub it shows it as 352x240 but the video is jerky as hell, it pauses while playing back the video for a about 8 seconds then jumps ahead.

Yo Dude!!!

It's not your Marvel, Obviously your havin conflicts with whatever PC your using.
    Could be the AGP2x
    could be IRQ's
    what about bus masterin.

I've never heard of problems like the ones your having lad, so I suggest you look into the problems before blaming the Marvel card.

Chioasers

Comment

Phire,

i've had this problem, all i did was to disconnect the big black cable out of the blue box and reconnect it. after this i didn't have the hissssssssing anymore-

as for not being able to capture at 1024x768 it may very well be as shlooky has said.

also what drivers are you using? have installed all into it's default dir's?
      what kind of a setup do you have?
      how many HD etc...
      tips and tricks has some good info on setups- I hope this has helped.

evil

Comment

Working...
      X