Phallic Obelisk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phallic Obelisk

It all started as an "April Fool" joke by a local TV station, saying that the Fertility monument is being removed prior to the Pope's visit.

See Here:
    Attached Files
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

But it is not an April fools joke: the monument is removed for the visit, isn't it?
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

(and as the Pope isn't in the Vatican at the time, seems like a good place to put it... )
    I think it is hypocritical: to remove it... Furthermore, who is to say the pope hasn't planned his visit just to see it?

@ALBPM: See what I mean?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

No, definitly not ! It has been stated by the government that there is no intention of it being removed.
      Yes it started as an April fool joke and the mayor of that village belived it was true.
      Read the bottom line of the first story in the link I posted. The BBC and all the others got fooled !

BTW, the picture has been edited by me. lol
      Last edited by Debbie; 14 April 2010, 22:42.

Comment

Oh... I should really learn to read articles to the end...

But I can imagine some people finding it offensive, so it does have a good ground to start a joke on..
        pixar

Comment

Offensive ? lol. It stopped being an attraction because all the locals got used to it. It had been long forgotten untill recently.

Comment

Yeah, but some people are easily offended...
            Still, if that was't a succesful April fools joke, I don't know what is.

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
              Yeah, but some people are easily offended...
              Still, if that was't a succesful April fools joke, I don't know what is.

Jörg
              Hmmmm .......... some people need to switch the light on and take their clothes off when they get into the shower
              Lawrence

Comment

Working...
              X