• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla 0.9.9!!

It's out!

Get it while it's still hot!

Mozilla
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Don't expect any bandwidth... currently only ~10KB/s and has been this way for a few hours now.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hmm it was pretty fast this morning.

I already noticed a bug sometimes the minimize button doesn't work correctly but we can live with that.
      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

So enlighten me - what does this latest Mozilla build do that Netscape 6.2.1 (which, unlike Mozilla, correctly installs, correctly integrates into my shell, and correctly runs plugins) doesn't?

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm,

I can tell you another thing Mozilla doesn't have that Netscape does: SPYWARE.
          Netscape spies on you while Mozilla doesn't.

Comment

Gurm, Netscape 6.2.1 is based on Mozilla 0.9.6 but you get extra features with Netscape, build in java support, AIM and some other stuff.
            Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
            Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
            Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

From 9.6 to 9.9, Mozilla has a couple thousand bug fixes, about doubled its page-rendering speed, added tabbed browsing (which I love).....
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Java doesn't work out of the box even tho it's enabled... again

But even then it's not a biggie, I can fix, but you gotta love tabbed browsing. Know I couldn't live without that anymore.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, ok.

Hey, you could INSTALL the spyware on Mozilla if you wanted. Yeah, I bet it's just a plugin or addon that makes that crap search bar.

Does anyone USE that thing? I mean, honestly... when's the last time you were using IE and hit the "search" button to let their piss-poor search redirector hunt things up for you? Why on earth did anyone figure this out? I can't imagine anyone smart enough to catch this "spyware" ever using that feature.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

I love the searching in Mozilla. I type stuff in the address bar, hit tab to select "search Google for ..." and I'm done.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                    X