Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

badly need help with hard disk(sorta long)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanx Sasq, I think I will give WD a visit. Was thinking of it.

PowerHungry, I have it enabled, but it makes a beeping noise and puts a y/n prompt up when it engages, so I just hit y and proceed. I did disable that and no diff. Thanx for the reply tho.

Richard, yea I am kinda scared of this one. I have another HD that I will try and see if that helps. If not, bad news for the owner

Jon, I don't know what other jumpers to look for. I have the main one(CS, MA, SL) set at master.

I am also going to boot with a DOS 6.22 boot disk(the installs) and then fdisk and format with them, install dos, and the CDrom drivers for it. Then try windows from that.

friggin computers...

thanx again for all the help
    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

You can set the jumpers to enable a mode that, when used in conjunction with the HD manufactures software (available on the WDC site also), allows systems with ancient BIOS's to work right with HD's above a certain size.

Comment

yea, thanx Jon, the hd is only 2.5gigs, and the system isn't all that ancient, it is an HX chipset from 96, pretty nice board actually, for its time.

But I did get some good stuff from the 2 links

its my anniversary (9th), so this is the extent of my computing tonite hehe

John
        AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X