bluetooth question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok.
    When I mean v4, it's really v4 ! Like 4.01.700 which is the latest release. We had v3 a few weeks ago and the v4 jsut hit the web. I don't know all the change logs, but I noticed some real improvements in stability and connection speed. I used v1.3 which was pretty crappy. The 1.4 is quite OK, v3 and v4 seems to be really good !

Plus a few functions have been added (use phone as a remote, wireless mice/keybords,...). Some of those functions where possible but need 3rd party soft. Now it's all standard in the Widcomm package.
    Last edited by PAugustin; 7 January 2005, 04:20.
    System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Originally posted by PAugustin
      Ok.
      When I mean v4, it's really v4 ! Like 4.01.700 which is the latest release. We had v3 a few weeks ago and the v4 jsut hit the web. I don't know all the change logs, but I noticed some real improvements in stability and connection speed. I used v1.3 which was pretty crappy. The 1.4 is quite OK, v3 and v4 seems to be really good !

Plus a few functions have been added (use phone as a remote, wireless mice/keybords,...). Some of those functions where possible but need 3rd party soft. Now it's all standard in the Widcomm package.
      Oh... 4...
      <s>Ooh, gimme gimme gimme!</s>
      Can you provide me with the links where I could possible download this version?

(doesn't that remote stuff require something on the phone as well?)

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I'm not sure about the remote as it is integrated in the K700, but I know it worked with a T68i too. Chances are it might work for you.
        System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Ah well, I already have found some free software that does it for my phone...
          (perhaps even a VNC client, but I need to check that further )

Where did you find those drivers?
          (all the references I find are about 1.4.x)

Nokia says there software needs one of the following:
          -
          Digianswer Bluetooth Software Suite
          Microsoft Windows XP Bluetooth
          Toshiba Bluetooth 3.0x
          WIDCOMM Bluetooth for Windows 1.4
          -
          But I'd love to give it a go with those more recent ones: perhaps it solves my problem of not being able to connect the phone as a modem... (it worked twice)

Jörg
          Last edited by VJ; 7 January 2005, 06:00.
          pixar

Comment

One software ou might want to use with your phone is FMA. If you haven't heard about it, it's a full featured soft that works with BT mobile phones. It allows you to transfer files from one to the other, you can send/receive SMS, manage you phonebook, and lots of other cool stuff. http://fma.sourceforge.net/

Comment

There was another suggestion (on the other forum), to check if the PC is configured to connect automatically via BT serial port. Alternatively, an upgrade of mRouter (the connection module in PC Suite) to beta3 would provide some added configuration choices...

I've heard of FMA (looks great), but haven't tried it yet, as apparently it only works with Sony Ericsson devices...
              But a lot of the features are present in the Nokia PC Suite. However, this suite is a work-in-progress: for instance for my model it is not possible to type SMS on the PC (this will come, in time).

For remote control, vnc2go (have downloaded it, haven't tried it yet) seems interesting. It is a Java midlet:

Otherwise, there is the open source bemused
              Download Bemused for free. Bemused is a system which allows you to control your music collection and more from your phone, using Bluetooth. It requires a Nokia 7650/3650, SE P800/P900, or Siemens SX-1, and a PC with a Bluetooth adapter.

(for symbian and j2me - early release) which offers winamp, mediaplayer and powerpoint control (haven't managed the latter). On the serverside, it runs both on Linux and Windows. However, development seems to have stopped some time ago...
              and ControlFreak

(only windows server, symbian remote, not freeware)

Jörg
              Last edited by VJ; 7 January 2005, 07:18.
              pixar

Comment

Hmm you could dig that port suggestion. For my phone I have to tell the SE software which is the BT port is has to use.

AFAIK FMA can also work with other brands than SE. A friend of mine used it with his Nokia and it worked.

Comment

The port at first looks something, but IIRC, it is set to automatic. Furthermor, tonny (yes, someone besides us has posted in this thread ) says he has the same issue with his bluetooth headset...

Well, I can always give FMA a go... (man, so many things to experiment...)

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

I've spent a couple of hours trying out FMA the other day (with a SE T610 though). Should work with your phone, and is pretty cool. Couldn't get the calendar to work right though (don't use outlook at home, but actually I may just use FMA at work instead).

Give it a try at least...
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Yes, I'll give it a go, but I have read on a Symbian forum it doesn't work with Symbian based phones... Then again, I have read various other incorrect information on that same forum...

Jörg
                      pixar

Comment

I like FMA too. Basically the only reason to buy SE over Nokia.

Comment

There many reasons to buy SE over Nokia and many other brands

Comment

Yep, I am somewhat of a Siemens fan (SE is also nice), but the only Symbian phone they have is the somewhat older SX-1 (and the P900 for SE, which I find to <s>expensive</s>bulky ). So my choice was limited...

Jörg
                            pixar

Comment

Just another question:

When I connect my phone to the PC (just select the PC in the 'paired devices' list on the phone), it connets to the audio gateway (allowing the PCs mic and speakers to be used). Is there a particular reason it connects to this service?

Jörg
                              pixar

Comment

I'm not sure but I would say this is phone specific.

Comment

Working...
                                X