bluetooth question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be...

Oh, I found out that when I want to use the phone as a modem, it is best to reboot the phone beforehand. I suspect some things aren't cleaned up after other bluetooth connections.

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by PAugustin
      I'm not sure but I would say this is phone specific.
      When you first connect the phone to a service, you get a chance to check 'always allow this connection'. I selected it first, but now I'd like to be able to confirm the connection.
      I have tried unpairing the phone, removing the services, ... but as soon as the phone connects, the connection is allowed...
      Any thoughts here?

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Errr get a new phone

Seriously unpairing the devices should be enough Or try a master reset
        System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Hmm... unpairing doesn't do it...
          I could of course just remove the BT software and reinstall it...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Well, it doesn't really make a big difference: if I now connect the phone to the PC, I get a box 'waiting for incoming call' with the choices 'accept' and 'reject'. And it is linked with the audio gateway. Perhaps it connects with this service as it is the only one that makes sense...?

Oh, I got my phone working as a modem again; this is the procedure:
            • in Nokia Connection manager, and deselect the bluetooth device (the Nokia software won't be able to connect to the phone now)
            • power down the phone, and back up again
            • right click the bluetooth icon, quick connect, dial-up, select the phone (icon turns green)
            • the regular dialup interface pops up, and I can dial

(this works everytime, so far)

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Working...
            X