Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit going to Tank?

Doesnt look good for them:

Abit cuts debts by selling properties, but trouble remains Based on an Abit revised financial report available on October 31, Abit’s net worth already declined to NT$1.7 billion (US$51 million) at the end of October this year, down from NT$10.8 billion (US$325 million) in November 2004, the paper said. At a provisional meeting on December 23, shareholders of financially troubled Abit Computer approved the company’s plan to sell its office building in Taipei to Deutsche Bank for NT$1.7 billion. Taiwan’s securities regulatory agency has requested Abit to resubmit its financial

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I quit buying their boards long ago. Too many problems with cheap components, traces lifting/burning etc. Don't have time for that kind of BS.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

No doubt someone will buy them out as the Abit brand name is still worth something.
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Well, I ordered the replacement bios for my BE6-II today, just in case.

Bad caps caught up with them just like bad drives caught up with IBM?
        Chuck
        秋音的爸爸

Comment

I think the caps issue started their problems as they had a good rep before then, but lower priced makers like ASROCK, DFI, ECS etc. probably did most of the damage.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X