Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memmory or pcibus overclocking ate fat table!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memmory or pcibus overclocking ate fat table!

In the good old days (Before MMX!)
    I had a clock locked P133!
    It ran quite well at 2*75=150MHz
    But when i turned bus frekvency upp to 83 my HDD went suicidal and ate the FAT table!
    My question is:
    Was it because of to high memmory sped or pci speed?
    (Mobo: Intel TX chip.
    Memmory: tested first FPM then EDO and Last SDRAM, gave upp after that)
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

It was most likely the PCI speed. The HD tried to run at 42Mhz, and couldn't do it. You might have stood a chance if you had disabled DMA on the HD, and gone down to the lower PIO modes.

-Wombat
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Theres always scsi...only one device to worry about, the controller. Not 2-4

Usually if the controller isn't happy, it won't boot, or won't scan the scsi bus. Scsi usually doesn't 'half work' long enough to hose your boot sectors n' fat.

Comment

Makes you wish you had a mobo that was totaly async and with the posibilites to set every divider from bios!

------------------
        INTEL PIII450 MSI 6163
        G200Mill 16MB SDRAM
        SBlive
        128 MB RAM
        19GB HDD Space!

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
        X