outlook error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook error message

hi guys maybee one of you could give me a clue beuase tech support at work sure don't have one.

i keep getting this message.

in title bar (outlook.exe ordinal not found)
    main message (the ordinal 36 could not be located in the dynamic link library mapi32.dll)

help reloading the software fixes it once you can log in but when you log out and try and log back in it gose right back to that same error message.
    msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
    it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

do you have tweakUI? It has several repair options. Also theres a registry tool called Reg Clean at zdnet.com.
    Then there's that little known program called fermat, formit, phormat, or something like that. Really, you could re-install windows (it shouldn't kill your personalization stuff, I've done it)
    abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
    g400 max-
    256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
    dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
    Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

Have you recently installed Win2K on that system??? If you have, then simply delete mapi32.dll, then reload the software. Worked for me

Rags

Comment

nope but i figured out the porblem.

this is my work machine and some time back in january the desktop services department upgraded all the new desktops to nt 4 with a special user interface for desktop services control. ie so the network admins can do pushes ect.. when your desktop is loged out. the only problem is that this system is almost never loged off the station at witch i sit is a 24hour post some one is allways siting at the comp. either me or one of the night crew. if you reboot the system all those back dated software pushes try to download and screww up the system. i fixed it by blowing away the nt windows partion reinstalling all my drivers and conecting back to the network in a striped mode no dam user interface from hell allso no dam pushes anymore either. day two still working
        msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
        it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

Working...
        X