X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a link with Kyro II benchmarks and expected price

http://www.rivastation.com/index_e.htm

Comment

Lets not forget how crappy the kyro 1 was!
      It dropped frames gave false benchmarks and couldn't even finish some of the standard benchmark tests! Some games were just plain unplayable on it.

Percuvius...

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">The last major annoyance with ATIs Win2k drivers is the lacking performance in some games (30% less than in 98SE), but in applications there haven't been any problems at all. </font>
        That's total hogwash, I have first hand experience, and judging from the threads I have been reading, I am not an isolated case. The Radeon will corrupt windows when running many applications, and will cause many applications to crash. I could not use VC 4, some winamp plugins, SoundForge XP would get terrible window bleed through, and ATI's refresh rates control are third rate. The win2k support for the Radeon is the stuff bottom feeders are made of.

Rags

Comment

Give it a rest Rags, all you do is cry about
          the Radeon , but everyone else who has one doesn't have the problems you do. Go look in the mirror.

Percuvius...

------------------
          P3-733EB@825mhz
          256MB Infineon PC133@150
          Gigabyte6vx7-4x VIA133A
          Radeon AIW32DDR@188/188
          Voodoo2/12
          SB Live! X-gamer
          Maxtor 7200rpm/30g
          Plextor 12/10/32A
          Pioneer 10x DVD
          PanasonicP11021"monitor
          ADSL 1.5MB

Comment

I am not the only one, Perc.

Just open your eyes. Their win2k drivers suck, and I won't let it go. I spent too much money on the card to have this shitty support.

Rags

Comment

Of course the Kyro II had to be launched with 2 weeks of me getting a Kyro for gaming

That being said I'm quite impressed with the card, the 2D is nice, the best I've seen apart from Matrox, but certainly not as good.

The Kyro 2 should kick some value system behind
              "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

CHHAS - is Colin McRae Rally 2.0 running now without any problems ?

MK

------------------
                Celeron II 860 MHz + Golden Orb
                256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                G400 16MB @ PD 5.52 + TGL
                20 GB IBM on HPT U-ATA100 RAID
                Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                <font size="1">
                Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                HP Deskjet 959C
                Plantronics LS1 Headset
                all on W2k Professional SP2
                </font>

Comment

Nope, still stuck at 640x480x32 and crashes if I try to change resolution.
                  I'm not sure if this is a driver issue or a game issue, I hope the next driver will fix the problem.
                  "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

re the Radeon,
                    Has anyone tried using the win2k service pack 1. Without it, I couldnt even get the Radeon drivers to load and until recently I was getting screen corruption in jbuilder 4. Luckily this has now been resolved but I cant say that I will be using it with win2k much until games performance approaches that of win98. Luckily for me, my main machine which uses the G400 runs just about everything I need.

just my tuppence worth.

MD
                    Interests include:
                    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Percuvius, I'll take Rags advice everytime on this... not because we're friends or because we're fellow Matrox beta testers, but because I trust his judgement. He doesn't put a biased spin on a review or problem and/or feel the need to suckup to little minis.

GOT IT?!
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X