Archives and FAQs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archives and FAQs

To be honest, every moderator can send things to the Archives. But as you can see when entering the Archives, they are read-only.

I can only send new threads to the Archives, but not delete old ones there. Even Ant has problems with that, as far as I know.

(Although we mysteriously lost a couple of threads in the Archives, but that could be because of the hack in 2000 or a server crash somewhere )

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

For those just joining us ... this thread is a continuation of a discussion started in this thread. ...
    I take it that UBB doesn't support a forum that will list all the threads versus the most recent ones?! This would be a better way of referencing threads versus a R-O Archive that can't be corrected.

<TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I was trying to move this thread to Site Feedback, to put it under Ant's nose, as soon as he wanted to be back from his vacation

But I'll leave it here.

Xortam, I don't know what the most recent version of UBB does, the version we're using at the moment, might have the option, but it is not implemented.

Also, making the Archives editable would be an option.
      My first post in the Archives was a .......THREADNAME in which I said always to check the threads included in the FAQs, for they might have changed in their update date.

It wasn't until after I asked Ant to get the Archives online, that we found out (in the former version of UBB) that these couldn't be changed. I'm sorry.

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

I hope that Ant and you can come up with a solution. It would be nice if we could get the FAQs straightened out and more prominently displayed so the info would be more readily used.

Maybe Mike will relocate this thread for you if he ever returns from his conspicuous absence.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I'll first point Ant's attention to this, and Steve's thread. As to Mike... well, if we can believe his ISP, he will be back a week from now. Let's hold hands and chant "We hope so, we want Mike back"

Btw, I can straigthen the FAQs out, and as far as I have followed all threads to DivX, I've straightened them out.

If you still see an error in the actual FAQs forum, please set me right !!

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Jord, i just went through the FAQs, and McRhea`s Thread "All right, so how do you move IRQ's around?", and i must say, i was impressed at the lenght you guys went to help a newbie PC user solve a problem.

Great job ...

------------------
            Seth, are you ok ?
            I`m peachy, Kate. The world is my oyster.
            Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Working...
            X