Gimme the names of good HSF for Socket 370

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimme the names of good HSF for Socket 370

I have 2 700 Celemines that are running hot , one more so than the other. I need a quick fix for this. I figure the cases probably need fans as well. Thanx in advance and I'm also working on a permanent solution
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

The Alpha PAL35t is a good reasonably priced unit that will work well with 27 CFM fans. If you want to spend more money you could get the Hedgehog but it will work best with the Delta 38 CFM fan which are very loud.

Also a newer heatsink out on the market is the Thermoengine. The fan that comes with the unit is only 19 CFM and should be replaced with a fan of 27 CFM or greater. Also remove the pad and use Arctic Silver if you get one of these. I also found they work better with the fan sucking than blowing.

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Thanx Paul
      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2

Comment

Don't listen to that guy...

Comment

No, he's right, the Thermoengine is a very good cooler, and pretty darn cheap too! Just make sure you buy the "regular" one with the cheap fan and buy a Delta (the best but NOISYYYYYYY) or an YS (good and more silent...); it will be much cheaper than buying one already outfitted with a bigger fan. Or you can go for any of those with no hesitation: Zalmans, Alpha (FC-PAL and PEP) Agilent (HP) Arcticoolers (just make sure you use a copper shim with than one, just in case ); These are all good heatsinks than will work VERY WELL with either Cµmines or Tbirds/Palomino. I tried almost EVERY heatsinks (even the "cube" cooler that was sold in Japan) ever sold and these are rock-solid performers...

Francis

------------------
          What was necessary was done yesterday;
          We're currently working on the impossible;
          For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...
          What was necessary was done yesterday;
          We're currently working on the impossible;
          For miracles, we ask for a 24 hours notice ...

(Workstation)
          - Intel - Xeon X3210 @ 3.2 GHz on Asus P5E
          - 2x OCZ Gold DDR2-800 1 GB
          - ATI Radeon HD2900PRO & Matrox Millennium G550 PCIe
          - 2x Seagate B.11 500 GB GB SATA
          - ATI TV-Wonder 550 PCI-E
          (Server)
          - Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.66 GHz on Asus P5L-MX
          - 2x Crucial DDR2-667 1GB
          - ATI X1900 XTX 512 MB
          - 2x Maxtor D.10 200 GB SATA

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Why fix what ain't broke?

Get Arctic Silver ][

I did and my oc'd Celeron2 dropped 6`Celcius. Just follow the instructions on their web page. In fact, problably any compound would benifit from the instructions on their webpage.

Whyzzi
              ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

Denty, what heat sinks are you using now????

I also forgot to mention the Alpha PEP which is better than the PAL. You could get by with 27 CFM fans for the PEP.

Must be warming up down there in Jamaica

Paul

Comment

I am very happy with my Taisol!

I might even get the one with Copper.

It has the Best Clip I have ever Encountered.

It uses all the "tabs"

And It's screwdriver friendly

All "Tool free" clips I tested has ben "Finger cutter/nailbreaker"

[This message has been edited by Technoid (edited 10 May 2001).]
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

This cooler kicked the Alphas ass!
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

The real problem Celemine machine runs hot WITH Arctic Silver I on it with the retail (crappy Intel )HSF. Noise is not a problem, price and stability is. I ordered the Vantec FCE 62540Dfor the problem Celemine. These are business machines, but I would like to be able to run genome on them. I have kind of resigned myself to the fact that |I may not be able to run genome on one of them. I have an Abit KT7 at home and am getting a Globalwin WBK38 for that. PEP66 doesn't fit my mobo and I hate using my hands to fashion stuff (very clumsy lefthander). Again noise is not a problem. Should get the HSFs early next week, will tell you how it goes. At 14% of Win2K SP2

Ordered the HSFs from www.crazypc.com . The WBK38 kix the CAK's ass Guru (OK so it's for SocketA only). The Vantec was $19.99 and the WBK was $23.99

SP2 at 18% now

[This message has been edited by DentyCracker (edited 11 May 2001).]
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R

Comment

Are there any good, QUIET coolers in the $20 range? (A BIG plus if they're available in germany )

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Go for the Thermaltake VolcanoII's. inexpensive, and they cool celeron's perfectly fine. and they arent too loud. granted they are the loudest fans in my computer, but when you run 120mm panaflos at 7V, that tends to happen.
                          First Love:
                          • Lite-On FS020 enclosure w/4 120mm Panaflos and soon a 172mm Nidec
                          • MSI 694D Pro w/ BIOS 1.6
                          • 2x800E cC0 Pentium 3 w/ 2xVolcanoII
                          • SyncMAX(NEC) PC166 VCM SDRAM 4x128mb w/ CAS = 1
                          • nVidia Quadro2 Pro, but Matrox at heart
                          • And other non-important stuff like hard drives and a dvd drive
                          • Pineapples

Second Love:
                          1990 Toyota Celica GT

Comment

Anyone know anything about the socket a coolers from Molex?

Im trying to find an effective and quiet cpu-cooler for my brother. Im thinking of getting a pal6035 with a SanyoDenki fan attached, I got one myself and think it works great.
                            System:
                            Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
                            AMD Thunderbird 800
                            SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
                            Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
                            LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
                            IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
                            Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
                            WinME
                            directx 8.0a
                            384mb pc133

Comment

HSFs are in Florida now, should get them tomorrow or Wednesday.
                              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R

Comment

Working...
                              X