No announcement yet.

Monster IBM Drives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Guyver:
    As far as tapes go, the LTO (utltrium), and Super/Ultra DLT both weighing in at ~100GB are the only things large/fast enough to saturate an LVD channel.</font>
    Performance critical shops have been moving to fibre and SAN.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

dribble......

I want a full SCSI chain of 400MB drives.....

I think a terrabyte(sp?) of storage would satisfy me for now...
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

You can only be satisfied for so long. By the next year you will be wondering where all that space went and be screaming for an 800GB drive>

DJ

Comment

What in the blazes am i going to do with that amount of HDD space..400GB!!
          I already concider my 45GB Hdd(IBM) as too much. I have enough trouble filling it up (and remembering what i have dumped inside)
          I even used Full install for all my games.

I mean why cant they miniaturize the hdd (and the other components as well) or make it more durable eg, shockproof? and once everthing is tiny and sturdy, we can even wear a pc!

------------------
          Always twiddling until something go haywire in my rig :^)
          AMD Duron 650Mhz on ASUS A7V w/ 128MB Ram G400 DH 32MB(still going strong)SBLiveValue!&AltecLansing 45
          "It does not matter how many times you fall down as long as you get up and go on."
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Belwarrior, I have the same problem remembering where I put everything
            But as for the space, when I bought my first HDD 12 years ago or so, it was a massive 40MB MFM drive (With using RLL I could get 60MB). I remember thinking I could see forever on that drive. Now it wouldn't even hold an operating system.

So bring on the 400GB drives, so I have space to store all this stuff I'm downloading off ADSL

edit typo

[This message has been edited by Sasq (edited 27 May 2001).]
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
            X