Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 vs K7 Pro...

K7 Pro vs Matrox G400 (Win98/SE)...

Obviously, many, many people have gotten these two to get along quite nicely; unfortunately, mine seem to be bitter enemies. I ended up diabling busmastering (argh!!!) to get them to get along in D3D. Tried forcing AGP 1. Not sure what to do in BIOS, except tried all AGP aperture settings. Also, tried BIOS versions 1.2 thru 1.55. Tried the AMD drivers on the CD, and the latest from AMD. Tried all of the Matrox 5.x series drivers. Tried forcing IRQs and playing musical PCI slots. It locks up after no more than two minutes.

K7 Pro w/ Athlon 600MHz (not OC'd)

USB/INI-9100U SCSI = IRQ 10

Aureal Vortex1 sound card = IRQ 9

Linksys EtherFast 10/100 NIC = IRQ 5

Matrox G400 32MB DH (older AGP 2x) = 11

Help!

Bill
    People call me a computer god; I remind them that I am merely a minor deity...

Since nobody wanted to venture forth with an answer, I guess I'll have to answer it myself:

IT'S THE VORTEX1 CARD!!!

Some kind souls in the newsgroups told me they had the same problem, and it turned out to be the sound card. I then disabled the sound drivers, and... IT WORKED!!! Re-enabled them, and it locked up again. Threw in a different sound card, and now I'm enjoying life in the G400 fast lane! (Even with superbypass enabled).

Hope this will help some poor soul who happens to have the same hardware combo as I.

Bill

------------------

Comment

Working...
    X