No announcement yet.

G800 or whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm, I hope they are not following BitBoy's schedule as well.

Comment

Nappe1

Well, taking a cue from you and looking over at the bit boys website, I wonder if the G800 will actually have 4 texture units per pipeline? (I'd actually rather see an extra pipeline instead, especially if they have eDram to feed that pipeline).

BTW, nice research. It will be really interesting to find out the actual relationship between Matrox and BitBoys once the chip is released.

-AJ

Trying to figuring out what Matrox is up to is like tying to find a road that's not on the map, at night, while wearing welders googles!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ:
        Nappe1

Well, taking a cue from you and looking over at the bit boys website, I wonder if the G800 will actually have 4 texture units per pipeline? (I'd actually rather see an extra pipeline instead, especially if they have eDram to feed that pipeline).
        Actually if you read my post with a Magnifying glass, (hehe a joke.) I said:"... Matrox has Licensed this technology ... " and ment that Matrox could have Licensed Xtreme Memory Bandwith Technology and some other parts of Glaze technology (like Dual chip Tile based rendering system.), but not whole Glaze technology.

So if I have understand this XMB technology right, it is very flexible and can handle enough many pipelines. so those numbers in Glaze 3D (model 1200, I guess) spec sheet aren't maximum numbers for XMB.

I will inform about all BitBoys <--> Matrox related stuff whenever I hear something. As a Finn I think that I could reach some sources which aren't available anywhere else.
        "Dippadai"

Comment

Where is THAT Camrack interview or .plan update??? I can't find it @ Anandtech...

Comment

Working...
          X