Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple or Dual Head, whats your preference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple or Dual Head, whats your preference?

Just wondering what your prefrence is after using the P. I was using triple head, however I have gone back to Dual Head, and not sure if surround gaming was worht the desktop space lost. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
    Tiple Head/3 monitors.
    0%
    Dual Head/2 monitors.
    0%
    Single Head/1 monitor.
    0%
    Fenrir(AVA)
    "Fearlessness is better then a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors.
    The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago"
    Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

Triple head is the best by far. I can have my main prog. window open on the middle monitor fullscreen, then have my other windows (chat windows, email, interent, etc) open on the sides, and after having that much room, I can't see going back.

Rags

Comment

And how much of an improvement would true TripleHead be? (Now it's only TripleView )

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Guessit all depends on just how any apps you have open at any one time really...

Personally,i'm using a Radeon 8500 with 2 19" monitors and really find myself pretty happy with the amount of screen real estate i have available as it is...

In my case,Having a 3 monitor setup would be more for the wow factor than anything else,especially if i used yet another 19" monitor with the Parhelia.
        note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
        P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

I'm evaluating this at the moment. I'm not sure if I will spend another 1000EUR for a replacment of my old LCD.
          I think that I would use it more excessive if i could kick windows by Key-Bindings from one Monitor to the other. Atm I don't really use the whole Desktop, becaus it is much toooo difficult to use the mouse to send one window to another Monitor :-)
          Another point is that I can't use the other 2 displays for watching TV or anything like this, while playing a Game in damn booooring singlehead. For Gaming, 3 Display are just great.
          True Triplehead would make changes I tink because then I would be able to make one Display Portrait while the others are normal. So I can't use the provided Software.
          Atm there is much to do for the Matrox guys and I hope they will do it, otherwise my triplehead would become useless.

Comment

For video editing TH is great.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Dual independent 1600x1200 is the only way to fly.
              <a href="http://www.unspacy.com/ryu/systems.htm">Ryu's PCs</a>

Comment

Currently running with 1 19" at 1600x1200@85hz and 1 15" at 1024x768@85hz

Monitors are Samsung 900NF hooked up via VGA-BNC adapter and Sony HMD-A100...
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

- Triple Head for me. I can tolerate Dual Head, but i dont prefer it. Forget Single Head . The ammount of workspace i have attained is invaluable. Working in both 2D and 3D is a joy and ease. If and/or when Matrox does offer True Triple Head (Not View) then that will be a warm welcome. But as of now, their "Snapping" funtion in PD for TH works just great for me. -

I have 3 Samsung 900NF's @ 3840x1024 @ 120Hz!
                  - ? -

Comment

That kind of depends on what monitors you have actualy.
                    Bear in mind that 2x1600x1200 is roughly equal to 3x1280x1024, so if you have two nice 19" or 21" you might just use dualhead and save some desk space...

And if they are different sizes, of course dualhead

Btw why didn't anyone mention DVDMax?
                    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by Ryu Connor
                      Dual independent 1600x1200 is the only way to fly.
                      I'm flying higher in 3840x1440 stretched DH right now ...
                      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                      LG BH10LS38
                      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                      X