Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back to the fold...

Hi folks,

For years I only had Matrox cards...on every single machine at work and and home. But then the kids started to demand fancy 3D stuff and well, you know the drill.

I have my little pseudo-TIVO box that is due for a motherboard swap. It's currently running an ATI Radeon 7500AIW with cable input and output to both the TV and a small NEC flatpanel (because *I* can't read the tv ). We use Showshifter software mostly for timed recording. Everything works "OK" but I was digging through some old video cards and came across a ....16 MB G400Max DH and I started thinking..

I can pick up a Hauppauge WinTV BT878-based tuner card pretty cheaply so I'm really thinking about coming back to Matrox.

This machine is running WinXP Pro

Before I give myself a massive headache, can anyone help out with a couple of questions?

1) Is the above possible? We already have a standalone DVD player for the fake-TIVO, all we want to do is play our time-shifted recordings either on the TV or the flat panel. With the AIW it is set to clone mode.

2) If so, could anyone walk me through?

I very much appreciate the help, it's kind of cool to be "back".

Thanks,

fraz

Check out how long ago I originally signed up
Working...
X