No announcement yet.

Matrox Card this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so that you can do some profiling on your clientele, my primal needs are food, water, sleep, sex, security, stimulation, shelter and ass-kickin' 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempest
      Just so that you can do some profiling on your clientele, my primal needs are food, water, sleep, sex, security, stimulation, shelter and ass-kickin' 3D.
      I guess you forgot to add money in that list to be able to buy the latter one

BTW Haig, will it be affordable compared to the other cards on the market by then? And will it be prepared for Longhorn? (support for DX10 needed for the GUI enhancements) I need some good graphics card for the beta-testing, and what I hear at the moment only NVidia cards are able to do the eye candy....
      Peter Aragon
      Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

This is good news indead!

Keep up MAtrox, my needs are ass-kickin' quality, and the ability to run 3D with all eye candy. Have to do Longhorn without any problems...

Ahh... Let's start the speculations again!

Comment

Haig, can you comment on anything of the following?

Will the card Matrox releases next target similar market segment as Parhelia?

Will the card be evolutionary?

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU

/HAIG mode on

A) No

B) No Comment

C) we cannot comment on unreleased/underdevelopment products

/HAIG mode off
            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

hmmh...

but, but, but(t) but(t)... How?

looks like to be good moment switch to sniffing mode and start Nappe's World Famous Ninja Operations(tm.)
              "Dippadai"

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
                Judging by the context of how "one's" is used in that sentence, it may very well be considered as everyone's needs. All depends on what one's needs are
                I have too much money, and I know expense = quality. Please release a new card, with less speed (slow and steady wins the race), that costs more than the competition (again the overpayment = quality), oh a I'll need some feature (useless if need be) that no one else has... perhaps asscasting. I should like to moon my good chums at Yale who so soundly trumped me in golf last week. Oh yes, asscasting needs 2 monitors, a cheek for each screen!

Last edited by bsdgeek; 16 March 2004, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
                  You folks are too kind

Barring any unforseen consequences and/or complications, we may have something that will suit one's needs in the not so distant future.
                  good to see u around Haig!
                  That line you wrote is so good in that it practically says nothing

not so distant future -> could be tomorrow OR 10 yrs or more later
                  one's needs -> if you use the lowest common denominator for the not so distant future -->> A Fully Hardware DirectX 9 compliant video card
                  Barring ......complications -> is the excuse for if nothing materialises

I am wishing for a 128MB triple-DVI + TV-out video card of at least ati 9700 speeds
                  Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                  ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

i am wishing for triple DVI + tv too ... only i would like the option of having the TV out in componant format and composit...

i would also like excelent OGL 1.4 performance.... (you guys should do something good and talk to avid about it to get your products up and running in their systems like the Media Composer Adrenelin and the Avid DS Nitris... instead of those poor image quality Nvidias and ATIs.... matrox + Great OGL multi Monitor = hapier Avid User)
                    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

and by poor image quality imean the folowing... we have an AVID MC Sdrenelin system here at uni.. has an ATI fierGL card IIRC .. second monitor flikers like hell... now it could be a setting issue (havent checked it as i dont involve my self with the studio any more) but in any event the display quality still suked... now imagin having a matrox trihead with OGL performance that can match the the midrange fierGLs and the midrange Nvida Quadros..... hum.... music to my eyes..
                      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Oh yah can we have it as a native PCIexpress card..
                        and a version with a AGP card (through a coverter chip?) so no need to manufacture two different types of gpu.
                        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU

LOL what do you expect Haig's answer to your question is going to be???

"No our product will not be evolutionary, sorry!"

Hehehe

Comment

I cannot ask wether it will have 4 pipes, 8 pipes or more pipes.

Comment

Will it have pipes?

Comment

packing contents:
                                hooka pipe, 1 ea.
                                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                                X