MMORPG's which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMORPG's which one?

Looking for opinions on the massive online multi-player rpgs ive played Asherons Call and saw that there is an expansion pack thats going to be released soon called Dark Majesty and it got my cravings back BUT I also saw
    Dark Age of Camelot and that seems interesting but the PvP is a little intimidating because of my lousy ISP choice and 56k only connection
    I know that Anarchy online has some major bugs but are being patched up pretty regularily and looks interesting

So what I want is your peoples opinion(s) on what makes a good MMORPG and which ones have you had experience with

.......as a side note anyone know if Matrox is working with any of these companies to implement Head-Casting as a way to further customize the experience of these type of games???
    Anarchy-Online
    0%
    Asherons Call Dark Majesty
    0%
    Dark Age of Camelot
    0%
    Eve
    0%
    DFI NFIIUltra 400
    756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
    Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
    Windows XP pro
    msn messenger id: gchisel
    Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

I saw Shattered Galaxy in the store the other day. A friend of mine played the tech demo a few months ago, and got completely hooked. There's a Diablo-like isometric for your character, but that's really just for navigation. The game is based on taking over all the territories on a world map, and a territory is taken on an individual fight basis. The fighting is like a Starcraft strategy game, but as a commander you have to choose where your strengths are (infantry, air, etc.), and team up with commanders of complementary skill to have a chance at taking a territory from another faction.

It really intrigued me, but I never saw my friend so sleep deprived, and decided not to play
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

LOL

that happened to me when I first played Asheron Call. Then my friend came over and asked what I was playing......couldnt get him to leave until 9 o'clock the next morning

Gotta take a look at Shattered to then
      DFI NFIIUltra 400
      756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
      Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
      Windows XP pro

Comment

I've been playing AC and love it still after nearly 2 years.

Looking forward to the add-on.

amish
        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

I like the way they are doing the expansion pack saves me the trouble of having to download a years worth of patches

what kind of character do you play...myself I played an Archer withstrong melee combat level but no magic only some fletching alchemy skills..... was a lvl 24 archer been so long

im closely watching this and DAoC leening towards DAoC tho
          DFI NFIIUltra 400
          756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
          Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
          Windows XP pro

Comment

Personally I prefer MUDs.. you know.. Multi User Dimension.. the cool online multiplayer ansi text based games.

My favorite by far is sojourn3
            Give it a try if you're up for the challange..
            telnet to sojourn3.org (port 9999)

Comment

have you played TEQ? thats the only text based game ive played in my life, dont know squat about MUDs tho
              they scare me for some reason
              DFI NFIIUltra 400
              756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
              Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
              Windows XP pro

Comment

Nope.. haven't played TEQ.

I've played some of those old text-based classics like Zork and stuff.. those were pretty cool.
                MUDs go way beyong that for complexity though.. probably why I like it

Comment

I have 2 characters that I play.

The first and oldest is a 40th level Axeman. Has a little magic.

The second is an unarmed level 29, Creature, Item, and melee.

I play on the Leafcull server.

amish
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Working...
                  X