Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The boys are back in town! Come play UT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick note. Recently ETG's been a bit more uncooperative than usual about showing the server location when you use the PM for someone. So if you see someone else in IRC, you may have to multiple message them (er.. send them multiple Hey, where are you messages) to get their attention.

To make it easy to get to the same servers when the IRC is being stubborn, you can do one of two things (depending on how you found the server you're in):

1) If you picked the server from the UT Server Browser, right-click on it and choose Copy Server Location. Go back into the IRC room, put the cursor in the text box, and press 'Ctrl-V'. This is the windows keyboard shortcut for paste. Then hit enter (doh). What gets pasted will look like the following:
    unreal://24.196.152.91:7777

and will be clickable by others in IRC, working the same as the link UT usually sends when you send an IRC Private Chat to someone that's already in a server somewhere.

2) If you went to a server by entering a location in the Open Location item on the menu, you can just type the location into IRC as a link, using the same format as above:

unreal://ipaddress:Port number

If the server is using the standard port (many don't now, but more still do), you can omit the :Port number part. BTW, the standard port number for UT servers is 7777. So if a server is using anything other than 7777 (7778, 8888 are both popular alternatives), make sure to include it in the link for others, or they won't get into the server. It's also possible to include a password in the link, for servers that have been password protected, but unless we get the Big M to restart their server, we most likely won't need that here (my other clan, WarMachines, has a couple private servers).

Oh, and I STILL can be found playing UT (and in IRC) at some time during nearly every evening now. As long as it isn't after 11PM CST US, if I'm not there, just stay logged in and play, because most likely I WILL be there sooner or later.
    Last edited by Snake-Eyes; 10 January 2002, 09:43.
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Thanks for the extra info, as I couldn´t reach nobody yesterday by simply using the method you had described in the earlier post.
      I´ll start playing less often, too. Just got the phone bill and started gasping for breath.

Comment

Woo-Hoo!

I'm back!

I am all tan and rested and ready to kick some booty! Who's ready for a good ol' fashioned butt whoopin'?

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Yeah im ready to do some fraging as well, but how we gonna end up in the same server ?
          Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

No one listed the server IP's yet.

Most of the time I find the gang at:
            164.58.178.21 which is a DM server.

If anyone is interested I've been playing CTF at 209.155.22.4

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Since it is obvious that we have lost our beloved [MU] server forever is there anyone out there with acces to a T-1 that can donate a sliver of bandwidth on the weekends?

We play at off hours so there will be no conflicts if it is a work line (wink-wink).

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ace
                [B]Beezer's a new DSL user (ex-dialip) and he used to be pretty annoying, but now he just flat-out does his best to keep me from leading, hehe.

Beezzzz was ok playing Ut, a little impressive at the time. but nothing to write home about.

www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Snake
                  Lizzie...I have an currently unused copy of UT that came with my SBLive! Platinum. I played it a few times but didn't really like it. Takes some looking around to get the UT patch that will work on the Creative version though.

*i got the same cd with my soundcard, the only problem is mine never worked properly*
                  www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Beezer
                    So Liz....
                    Care to explain what happened to your copy? We know you had one at one time.

we know i had an exboyfriend that i was still friends with at one time too.. but now he refuses to acknowledge that i am alive, so thats a slight problem with the fact that i just reformatted. hehe

and the last thing u would want is for me to get back to playing Ut and kicking your arse in front of all your mates Beezer dear
                    Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 8 February 2002, 15:58.
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I never liked UT and therefore suck big time, don't even have a copy. I know some people have got a copy of Wolfenstein, which is very fun to play, why not try that game also???

Comment

Oh, but I so enjoyed getting whooped! We MUST find you a copy of the game.
                        My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Trust me yu don't know how lousy I am.

Comment

I am the definition of suck at UT. LS the patch is a 36 MB file with nodelta as part of the name. Do a google search and you should have it downloaded in a jiffy.
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by Beezer
                              Oh, but I so enjoyed getting whooped! We MUST find you a copy of the game.

hahaha, every man loves to be spanked by a girl. ha as if. acutally i need to quit talking shit until i practice some more. hehe, i'm so out of practice it isnt funny. i havent gotten to play properly since July!

*edited for typo*
                              Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 19 January 2002, 10:44.
                              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Reading this post makes me feel like playing UT..
                                So I think I will..

Comment

Working...
                                X