Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G@H statsupdate!

Date: Fri Feb 1, 2002 12:15 pm
    Subject: Re: [genomeathome] When will Stats be Fixed?
    Hi,

It's taken a while, since it was a fairly major crash. For those who know and/or care about these things, we run the stats off a server with a 5 x 75 Gb RAID(5) array. We had the unfortunate experience of two disk failures in the same day. The redundancy of RAID(5) is such that it can run if one disk goes down, but not two. All the disks are the notorious IBM Deskstar 75 Gb model, which have been become infamous of late for being exceedingly failure-prone. Needless to say, we're replacing them with Maxtor's instead as we go along :-)

I fixed the hardware side of the stats db server last night, and it's in the process of restoring from our off-site backup archives right now. Since it's a large array that was almost full, it's taking a while. The stats will be back up as soon as this afternoon or as late as Sunday afternoon, depending on how things go.

Again, I'm very sorry about this inconvenience. We really are working as fast as we can to get things back up.

Thanks for your patience . . . happy genoming.

- Stefan
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Update!

Date: Fri Feb 1, 2002 4:11 pm
    Subject: stats up on Sunday
    Hi all,

Judging from the rate of the backup, the stats will be up and running
    again on Sunday afternoon. So, enjoy the weekend, and come get a healthy
    dose of stats in a couple of days :-)

Cheers - Stefan
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Hmm, Guru, old news. I post this to the News Centre on the 1. February... Granted, a little compressed.

Comment

Working...
      X