• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update the protest has just started.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The Unionists here had a great idea the last Drumcree protests....

They drove up and down EVERY major road in Northern Ireland (Excludeing motorways) at 5MPH!

every lane (they would drive side by side on dual carriageways....)

every hour

there was no oppertunity to overtake - they would have a line of cars, vans and tractors (including 'victims')

Maximum disruption - lasted as long as they had patience.

LEGAL - they were not obstructing the roads..... Just driving..... VERY, VERY slowly.......

People would join the 'convoy', others could leave for a break.....

It didnt take many people (perhaps 2 thousand) to block EVERY major road in Northern Ireland..... The disruption meant that the roads they didnt block were blocked anyway!!!!

RedRed
      Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Originally posted by ex RedRed
        The Unionists here had a great idea the last Drumcree protests....

They drove up and down EVERY major road in Northern Ireland (Excludeing motorways) at 5MPH!

every lane (they would drive side by side on dual carriageways....)

every hour

there was no oppertunity to overtake - they would have a line of cars, vans and tractors (including 'victims')

Maximum disruption - lasted as long as they had patience.

LEGAL - they were not obstructing the roads..... Just driving..... VERY, VERY slowly.......

People would join the 'convoy', others could leave for a break.....

It didnt take many people (perhaps 2 thousand) to block EVERY major road in Northern Ireland..... The disruption meant that the roads they didnt block were blocked anyway!!!!

RedRed
        Only problem with that is your possiblity blocking the way of any emergancy vechicles that need to get where they need to go. I know for one if I had a family member die because of that I would be taking a pipe to someones head.
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I imagine they wold let ambulances pass...

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

We had one of those "Peaceful Demonstrations" in Albuquerque last night.

The "Friggn Peaceful Hypocrites" started out very peaceful but then decided to block the freeway (I-40) when the police broke that up they blocked access to a hospital and the ambulances bringing in emergency patients had to drive over curbs and find other ways to deliver patients.

Then to top it off these "Hypocrites" started throwing Rocks and whatever they could find to do damage and bodily harm at the Police and any other passing motorists.

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

See, this is the same problem we have here with our peace and generally left-wing demonstrations:

A few idiots who don't know what they're protesting for or against, yet think it's cool, who think dying your hair, throwing stones and drinking beer will change anything (if they care), take part in peaceful demonstrations and start throwing stones. Of course, the police can't ignore that, and the media cannot, too. And of course, no one differentiates between peaceful protestants and those punks.

It really pisses me off. Those people (if they really care, and many of them don't - they just say it because they think it's cool) are too stupid/stoned/drunk to understand that what they do isn't gonna help their cause at all. And you cannot deny them their right to participate in demonstrations.

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
              X