My new baby ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks...I'm lovin her.
    Ordered another batch of dress-up stuff last weekend, should be here in a few weeks.

Had my first cop encounter in her last Thursday.
    Got pulled over on my way home from work.
    I did not have my front license plate installed, and had a smoke colored cover over the rear.
    Deputy did not ticket me (I know he's seen the car plenty of times b4, it's a small town). He just pulled me over to tell me I needed to make it legal.

So When I got home, I drilled holes in the front bumper to mount the plate (ouch), and lost the smoke cover....all legal now.

I knew it was gonna happen....but knew in this town they'd warn me b4 a ticket
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Well, despite what I said in post #24. I changed my car, in August! I was offered a new Lexus CT200h (h for hybrid) with €8,600 off and an additional trade-in of €5,000 for my 6-y old Honda Civic Hybrid, plus free servicing until Aug 2015, plus free Bluetooth smartphone (bottom of range). As it was also kinder to my back with higher (easier to get in and out) and better seating, I couldn't resist it.

2013-09-10_145736.png

I've drafted a website on my subjective impressions of this car, warts and all, but this is not quite finished (a few redactional errors and typos plus a number of the photos are unsharp and will be re-taken), but it is reasonably advanced. The thing that has astonished me is that the fuel consumption is very considerably less that with the Honda, especially on short trips. Even on the highway, it is no worse. This is despite a kerb weight 100 kg more and a 400 cc petrol engine more! See http://www.cypenv.info/hybrid2013/ for my appreciation.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
        Got the anodized brake caliper covers on, and the sequential tail light kit...
        Calipers covers go great with the stripes
        This is by far my favorite mod! I love a nice set of brake calipers. Yours are blue, my fav color for calipers and damn do they look good with a nice set of wheels.
        It's on of those mods that when your waiting at a red light, people know you've got more than just upgraded brakes!

If your going to mod your vehicle to make it look nice, don't paint the OEM calipers please. It's like your grandmother dresses like a sexy stripper, it just ain't right.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
          I did not have my front license plate installed, and had a smoke colored cover over the rear.
          What's a smoke colored cover? - Was licence plate dirty from smoke or is this some sort of leet USA car mod?

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
            What's a smoke colored cover? - Was licence plate dirty from smoke or is this some sort of leet USA car mod?
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

That would be illegal here.

On previous car I had Meta Chrom chromed licence plate frame. I hate branded licence plate holders that all shops put on people's cars.

On present car the licence plates are glued with double sided glue tape - it's much more clean looking.

Like on this car:

My car came originally with red brake calipers, since it's GTI but I need new alloys for them to shine. (plain steel wheels presently - other technical repairs are more important than new wheels and stereo - which is crappy CD only - the MP3 one was stolen).

Comment

Working...
              X