No announcement yet.

Virus Scan - do you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the Norton Corporate Edition under W98 and XP. I found it much more stable than Norton 2002 and 2003. The service doesn't fail so easily like these two.
    I also used McAfee. The functions are the same buy VERY unstable. If the service fails to start at system start, any fancy features and security are away. And of course there is no warning about this status until you see with your own eyes, that the small symbol on the task bar is bitterly missing.
    I seldom got virus alert, several times per year, maybe. I'm always online if I turn my computer on. It's just too dangerous without a real-time scanner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
      Yeah, that's the one. Not sure if NAV can handle Amiga formats like .lha or .lzx.
      there are nothing explicit "Amiga" about these formats
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by chaoliang
        I use the Norton Corporate Edition under W98 and XP. I found it much more stable than Norton 2002 and 2003. The service doesn't fail so easily like these two.
        I also used McAfee. The functions are the same buy VERY unstable. If the service fails to start at system start, any fancy features and security are away. And of course there is no warning about this status until you see with your own eyes, that the small symbol on the task bar is bitterly missing.
        I seldom got virus alert, several times per year, maybe. I'm always online if I turn my computer on. It's just too dangerous without a real-time scanner.
        They're using McAfee at some "big international organisation" (not the EU) here in Belgium. The servers and worksations all run NT4. When you boot, you usually get a message like this: "resident shield not loaded, you should manually launch it".

Comment

Working...
        X