Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free compressor

Hello,

I've been using tugzip for a while now, but something bothers me about it. While it supports a huge number of formats, I never succeed in browsing inside an archive.

When I open a zip file (or ace, ...), I never see the list of files inside the archive (it just refuses to enter the archive. It can decompress the archive though.

Is this normal? Or am I missing something?
    Other archives can (sometimes) be browsed...

Would 7-zip be a better alternative (even though it supports less formats)?
    Are there plugins for other formats (ace, iso, ...)?

Jörg
    TugZip
    0%
    7-zip
    0%
    other (specify)
    0%
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

WinRAR is free if you don't mind the 'register now' popup once in a while. I've tried 7-zip once, but I didn't really like it for some reason or the other (need to install and test it again and write down my gripes with it).

Comment

WinRAR is the best, hands-down...the notification doesn't even popup if you use if through the shell menu.
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

another vote for WinRAR here.

Comment

BTW, somehow the name TugZip conjures up all sorts of...imagery in my mind, do you reckon they meant it to sound that way or am I just being a pervert?
          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I realised some time ago that using right click menu for compression/decompresion is enough for me..and using 7zip this way.

Comment

7zip is also the only one with native x64 support right now. Using it on my XPx64 install at home. So far it's pretty good.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
              X