No announcement yet.

5.1 speaker opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A picture paints a thousand words and we want thousands of words from you.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

A friend of mine, Juha Sirkka from Jyvaskyla FI just wrapped up (99.8%) his latest creation called the Aino Gradient, active open baffle Quasi Dipole 4 way's.

I look at response with 2ms, 3ms 6ms, 20ms and 300ms always. I like to show you the 20ms graphs because they look nicest! I use 2, 3 and 6ms for xo fine tuning and phase matching. The two lowest xos are most difficutl to measure and adjust in a room, because of reflections. I will take the...

I was still sorting out what I haven't used in decades when he started this project, which was inspired by the designer of the Helsinki Gradient 1.5, but helped him get the final tweaking of the MTM done. Exceptionally nice guy

He's in Helsinki today http://www.aes.org/conferences/51/
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
        A picture paints a thousand words and we want thousands of words from you.
        So not just from me?
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Gawd I don't know wth.eck happened last night, one minute was putting the final touches on a massive post and in an instant was gone, poof into the ether

Looked at my watch: 12:30am, I'm too tired to repeat what took me two hours +

A colossal waste /sigh

Anywho, here is how to proceed:
          1. What music do you listen to, list every style (so to speak, not EVERYTHING
          2. Expectations of such e.g. Sound pressure level etc
          3. Size of room, need dimensions, furnishings, windows, doors, open adjacient rooms, NEIGHBORS?! etc
          4. Is there any additional equipment that will be part of this you want to use?

Once we get this info we can proceed with a Q/A session to answer each aspect til we have a foundation to build upon.

Please understand this is way more complex than you may think (perhaps not), so takes time to put everything into perspective. But I'm a glutton for designing speakers, so hit me with it.

Cheers,
          Mike
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
            So not just from me?
            How much do you want to disturb that woman downstairs? MOOWHAHAHAA!

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe View Post
              Looked at my watch: 12:30am, I'm too tired to repeat what took me two hours +

A colossal waste /sigh
              Sorry to hear... yes, it sometimes happens...

Originally posted by Greebe View Post
              Anywho, here is how to proceed:
              Once we get this info we can proceed with a Q/A session to answer each aspect til we have a foundation to build upon.

Please understand this is way more complex than you may think (perhaps not), so takes time to put everything into perspective. But I'm a glutton for designing speakers, so hit me with it.
              Nice to hear! But I resurrected the thread after buying the speakers, just to comment on how they are. So I have the speakers...
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
              X