Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hdtv

HI,

I've got an Pioneer HDTV, currently I'm building a computer in order to play games on taht big screen TV. Somehow S-VHS output doesn't cut it. So I'm wondering if any of the Matrox cards can output to the HDTV format?

If not, well it would be a killer feature!

Updated: I did just read on Matrox's website that the new G550 will have a DVI-I to RGB adapter. Well mY Pioneer HDTV has RBG in.... Now how can I find out if the 2 would be compatible?
    Hell ya!!!
    0%
    Nope
    0%
    Whats HDTV?
    0%
    I don't care
    0%

No HDTVs anytime soon here in the UK - not for 5 years at least so I'm not too worried at the moment

Comment

would be great to have in our filmdept ...

DVD Max, showing hw accelerated MPEG-4 in 1920x1080 would be the perfect workstation as you'd have a really nice preview option while scrubbing the timeline on DVI 1 !

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Holly cow, didn't even think off that, I got a Video Toaster, that would be a killer monitor for editing....

Comment

Way back when G800 speculations and feature idea threads were around I was thinking HDTV would be a great feature for the next line of Marvel cards.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

check the G550 chipset specifications.... afaik it supports a lot of HDTV input and output formats

Comment

I did read the specs over at the matrox site, however the way I understand them is that the G550 can display HDTV on a computer monitor, to my understanding or at least I can't find anything saying that it can actually output in HDTV. However I wouldn't mind being wrong

Comment

Whats HDTV?

Hard Drive TV, HumpaDumpaTullaVuu?
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

high definiton TV... you know, the thing you can't afford
                  Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

high definiton TV?????
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
                      high definiton TV?????
                      Your current TV can display, what? less than 640x480 - HDTVs are like your normal TV, but have the tube of a computer monitor which can do 1280x1024 - how cool's that?!?

Comment

OK, I talked to Pioneer, they told me to buy the service manuals for this particular TV in order to get all the specs.

Ohh yeah I forgot to mention, this TV has a VGA style input to accept the HDTV signal, I connected my computer to it, I get an image, but it kinda looks like when you set the wrong timing and frequencies on a computer monitor, useless.

So my guess is that by getting the service manual I'll have all the specs from witch I could write a monitor driver for this TV.... of course its all speculation, and specially I have no clue about writing a moitor driver neither.

I just should have gotten a projector with SVGA in.... but then beggers can't be choosers... and as long as I can see the World cup in HDTV it will all have been worth it.

Comment

Working...
                        X