Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIABLO 3 announced!!!

woo hoo!!!!

Every once in a while I forget how gorgeoud the artwork at Blizzard is, and then they release stuff like this.

See the poll above...
    6-12 months
    0%
    1-1.5 years
    0%
    about 2 years off
    0%
    soon (TM) ;)
    0%
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

It better be Soon(tm), not soon, otherwise my heart will be torn due to having to choose between 2 and 3

Comment

Did I mention the gameplay trailer is 807 MB? The cinematic trailer is gorgeous! Highly recommended viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
        It better be Soon(tm), not soon, otherwise my heart will be torn due to having to choose between 2 and 3

hope this helps Q & A from the website

When will Diablo III be released?

It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players
        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
          Did I mention the gameplay trailer is 807 MB? The cinematic trailer is gorgeous! Highly recommended viewing.

I totally agree! Just watched the gameplay trailer and so far it looks like Diablo III will become awesome. I also like that they didn't try to re-invent everything but stay to the key advantages of the Diablo series: the need for gathering items, co-op mode in multiplayer, leveling up the character, having an authentic atmosphere in the game etc.

One thing that scares me a bit is the amout of blood you can see: here in Germany something like that could lead to a strongly censored version of Diablo III, maybe with blue blood or roboters instead of bleeding monsters
          Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Best scenario, Christmas 2009 release.
            Still waiting for Star Craft II.

Comment

I spotted this today as well:

IRVINE, Calif. –- June 26, 2008 -– Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today introduced an optional extra layer of security for World of Warcraft®, its award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game. Designed to attach to a keychain, the lightweight and waterproof Blizzard® Authenticator is an electronic device that generates a six-digit security code at the press of a button. This code is unique, valid only once, and active for a limited time; it must be provided along with the account name and password when signing in to the World of Warcraft account linked to it.

This optional security measure will be available at the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational, which takes place June 28-29 in Paris, France. In addition, the Blizzard Authenticator will be made available for purchase via Blizzard's online store in the near future for a cost of $6.50.

"It's important to us that World of Warcraft offers a safe and enjoyable game environment," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "One aspect of that is helping players avoid account compromise, so we're pleased to make this additional layer of security available to them."

To learn more about the Blizzard Authenticator, please visit http://www.blizzard.com/security-token.
              Who knew stealing WoW accounts was such a huge deal?

Comment

NOT MMO and lots of Co-op. Awesome.
                Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Wow, this looks more than good (although, when looking at stills, I'd prefer it to look more dark and gritty)! Can't wait!

BTW, did anyone else like Diablo 1 better than Diablo 2?
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
                    Wow, this looks more than good (although, when looking at stills, I'd prefer it to look more dark and gritty)! Can't wait!

Sort of. But I think only because I was younger when I played it. You tend to enjoy games more at a younger age.
                    I've gone back and played d1 a few times - but I get bored pretty quick.

That said - anyone wanna play some D1 sometime?
                    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

If I can find the CD...

I like the music much better in D1, and it seemed somehow sharper, more connected than D2, probably because of the beautifully pre-rendered 2D graphics and the great sounds.
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

woot!

Comment

Gonna have to break out D2:LOD now.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post

here, here
                            "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                            X