No announcement yet.

How to properly handle a "soap box"....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to properly handle a "soap box"....

There is a reason that the 1st amendment to the US constitution was freedom of speech: without it there are no others. At least one forum named "Soap Box" takes its name seriously;
    The CSB is dedicated to the free exchange of information and ideas. This site holds to the philosophy that free speech and thought are natural rights of all people. To that end we offer you (the Reader) this site as a place to express those rights.
    http://www.cybersoapbox.com/csb/

One thread, French for beginners, starts out thusly;

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 February 2003, 10:01.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

So, guess that site is where to go for that. There is no reason why MURC SHOULD allow for anything.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Yes, let's just move out of the neighborhood we know, away from the people we know, and try to have an intelligent discussion with mental midgets who just flame away untouched in response to subtle argument. After many of us serious MURCers sent money in to help keep this place afloat, too...

Comment

Go there for your Soap Box activities then. The name Soap Box was given this forum light heartedly as a home for all of the rather silly off topic threads and banter that appeared elsewhere. This forum was never designed for heated political and religious debates that degenerate into such open hostilities. I've seen some rather dark sides to people that I particularly don't like and wouldn't have expected. As some of you feel so hard done to about our mis handling of "your" Soap Box than you will be releived to hear that it will be no more on this site.

Comment

And what has freedom of speech got to do with abusing the French for excercising their own freedom of speech? I don't see some of you being quite so like minded to the French for their freedom of speech in criticising the US/UK policy on Iraq. Freedom of speech does not mean having to tow the line with everything the US says or does.

Comment

As some of you feel so hard done to about our mis handling of "your" Soap Box than you will be releived to hear that it will be no more on this site.
            eh?
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
            X