Virus spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
    When we had the big DB loss years ago ('99)
    "the big DB" loss sounds really like some cataclysmic event. What were things like before the big DB loss of '99?
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
      "the big DB" loss sounds really like some cataclysmic event. What were things like before the big DB loss of '99?
      Ahhh....Those were the days.

And I just got another PM from Kurtydork....
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

being honest, as I am not running the latest and greatest ver 4 et al of VB, I am having a little trouble hunting around for the mod to block zero post et al users from using the PM system.
        right now, until I find it, I have 3 options,
        1) play wack-a-mole
        2) turn of new user reg
        3) turn off pm

if someone can find me a link to a mod to fix it, please do. due to other things, I am a little pressed for time atm.
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

i got spamed by Cliff Edwards.
          my first thought was to check the forum and not the link..
          hi guys
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq View Post
            being honest, as I am not running the latest and greatest ver 4 et al of VB, I am having a little trouble hunting around for the mod to block zero post et al users from using the PM system.
            right now, until I find it, I have 3 options,
            1) play wack-a-mole
            2) turn of new user reg
            3) turn off pm

if someone can find me a link to a mod to fix it, please do. due to other things, I am a little pressed for time atm.
            I'd turn off PMs
            Or new user reg (when have we had a real new user?)

I salute you for even keeping this place open at all.
            There isn't even a couple dozen active users keepin this place alive.
            If it was me, I woulda shut the doors years ago.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

shall consider it

kelleym, i have removed your email address, I am adverse to actually deleting valid users with posts, messes up the db
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
                I'd turn off PMs
                Or new user reg (when have we had a real new user?)
                Or no PMs for users with less than 10 posts?
                (dunno if something like that is feasable though)
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Not been active here for years, but got the same. Actually this is happening on a number of forums recently. Same message each time.

I'd think the bot is automatically registering on forums, so perhaps just a captcha is required to stop auto registrations, and backed up with blocking PMs fom new users, or maybe block PMs to more than one person for new users.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                    Or no PMs for users with less than 10 posts?
                    (dunno if something like that is feasable though)
                    I only wish it was with the stock VBB
                    that's more or less the mod I want to track down.
                    Juu nin to iro

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                      kurtyman must be a propper fool to take us for fools
                      Hello, Debbie. How are you? Long time ago...
                      I am quit inactive here, but I've got one from Kurtyman and one from LaraBara. Are they registered members?
                      It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Funeral

If it was me, I woulda shut the doors years ago.
                        Well Kruzin, I have very fond memories of past glory days. And as such it pains me to hear such a suggestion.
                        I also realize though, that maybe it is for the best.

Should it come to this I then propose we do it properly. A funeral followed by a wake - where everybody gets really drunk and sentimental. At one point in time MURC was my life.
                        My father.
                        My mother.
                        And all of you were my brothers and sisters.
                        We had a laugh, we helped, we shared, we cried our hearts out, we got along (mostly).
                        I willingly will keep on believing we had something special even if it were not so.

Anyway, I'll stop sobbing now. It is nice to see some almost forgotten faces while driving down Memory Lane.

Cheers,

/Ghydda
                        Denmark
                        As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
                        My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
                        |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

I also got a PM from "Kurtymann". Of course I didn't follow that link in the message but anyways it's not nice to recieve spam even via PM.
                          Asus H97 Pro Gamer| Intel i5 4690K| Noctua NH-U9B SE2 | Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 3GB | Soundblaster ZxR | 8 GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600| LG 24 MP88HV-S

Comment

Also got a Kurtymann pm.

I hate spam. If someone wants to come to the murc and post random stuff I'd much prefer it be Garry Denke, at least he was entertaining.
                            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

That's a long long long time ago.

In the good old days, this forum was so extremely helpfull with my Matrox Marvel issues. Not to long ago, few years, when I needed the Adis XP drivers for the G400 again, I found to my surprise that the good man was still there.

Adis, if you read this, both a G400 and G450 are still running strong with your drivers.

Anyhow, also got the spam emails from 2 persons, and also ignored them of course.

Greetz,

Comment

I got one of those fake virus messages, too.

I am pleasantly suprised this site still exists. Unfortunately my G400 is no longer being used regularly. I still got it in an older machine tho. I have moved on... to the dark side - NVIDIA.
                                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Working...
                                X