Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video game makers should be held responsible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wombat
    If Logan's polite and well-mannered, who's been raising him?
    Zing!

Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
      If Logan's polite and well-mannered, who's been raising him?
      Doh!

Comment

And when we take into account that in some part the temperament etc. can be genetically determined that brings us to another question

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
          Parents who don't permit violent games or movies in their homes are the best defense against their kids becoming inured to violence. Any person will be influenced by his or her surroundings and experiences, moreso at younger ages.. that's just the way we are built. We learn to adapt to the world around us. If parents would give love and attention more than violent movies and games, that would help a lot.
          Sheltering any kid from the world is not the answer. Sheltering them will screw them up later in life, I know I have had to deal with some people that their parents sheltered.
          Soyo 815e chipset
          P3 933 o/c to 1 Ghz
          G400MAX + RR addon
          Western Digital 120 Gb
          2 - 256 Mb Corsair PC133
          Voodoo 2 o/c to 105Mhz
          SB Audigy
          Toshiba 16x DVD
          Plextor 48x24x48x CDRW

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostman
            Sheltering any kid from the world is not the answer. Sheltering them will screw them up later in life, I know I have had to deal with some people that their parents sheltered.
            I have to second this. The best any parent can do is love their children unconditionally, teach them the best values and knowledge they have, teach how to deal with peer pressures, hold their hand when it needs holding, and know when to let go, and when they screw up and don't listen to you (which seems to be most of the time) ... continue to love them unconditionally.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X