The power of the paddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The power of the paddle

From time to time, I post up articles about my best friend who lives in Hawaii. He was hit by a drunk driver when he was 14, in a wheelchair ever since.

He doesn't let anything stop him though. He surfs, bungie jumps, sky dives, plays tennis, basketball, and much more...

In May, I will meet up with him in Southern California to watch him compete in the first ever disabled surfing competition. How is that for cool! He will basically be making history.

He also runs a non-profit organization, Access Surf - Hawaii. Once a month, they get together on the beach in Hawaii and help people who are disabled, get into the water and enjoy themselves, whether it be surfing or just floating around. He is truly an inspiration to so many.

Now he is into canoing and competes with an all disabled team around the world.

That's him on the left:

Here is an article on it:
    http://www.midweek.com/content/story...r_of_paddling/
    Last edited by Helevitia; 29 March 2008, 01:01. Reason: Oops, added the wrong link to the article!
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Working...
X