No announcement yet.

Parhelia 3DMarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Quad texturing was selected by default.

I think that if these guys do a P detect and apply optimal settings, you'll see the ini in their GLsettings directory.

is there a difference in speed,normal and quality setting at all?

What settings do you want changed from the default?

Comment

Well, i just had the impression that the optimal settings, was hardcoded by the programmers to some extent, and since the newest SS:SE version is older than the parhelia, it would have some unoptimized settings.

AFAIK these "speed/normal/quality-settings differs from card to card(example: matrox g400 quality-settings, has billinear filtering enabled, but kyro2 quality-settings has trilinear filtering enabled, and parhelia quality-settings might have anisotropic filtering enabled, then again it might not, I wouldn´t know unless somebody told me), so I wouldn´t know what settings you had anyway, without seeing it myself.
      I do prefer "quality"-settings though, and i would like to see some 1024*768*32 benches with 16xfaa. and please include a screenshot, so that i can see what "quality"-settings looks like on a parhelia, a framerate number doesn´t tell the whole story, with that 3d-engine.

I always felt that serious sam, is a bad benchmark for comparing different cards, because it either uses some standard-settings no-one in their right mind would use, or it has gpu-dependent settings, that might provide optimal settings, but can´t be used when comparing cards.
      But i like the game alot and would like to know how it runs on my (hopefully soon arriving) parhelia.
      Last edited by TdB; 25 July 2002, 07:41.
      This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Here are some snaps. Don't think it's the best place in the map but it was the only place where I wasn't being attacked to much.

The one with no faa and no aniso has a lot of jaggies on the top of the mountain but the pic doesn't show it that much.

No FAA & No aniso:
        Attached Files

Comment

With FAA & Aniso
          Attached Files

Comment

With FAA
            Attached Files

Comment

FAA is really great on Serious Sam SE! By accident I ran the game in 640x480 and it still looked good because of the 16xFAA, but also in 1024x768 it works very good.
              Specs:
              MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

hey thanks!

also thanks for showing the settings!

it looks really great, I hope my parhelia arrives soon!
                This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by 103er-Fan
                  FAA is really great on Serious Sam SE! By accident I ran the game in 640x480 and it still looked good because of the 16xFAA, but also in 1024x768 it works very good.
                  Could you or someone else post a screenshot in 640x480 w/ 16xFAA. I'm curious to see how the image looks compared to a higher resolution w/o 16xFAA.

Comment

Originally posted by mallowman
                    Could you or someone else post a screenshot in 640x480 w/ 16xFAA. I'm curious to see how the image looks compared to a higher resolution w/o 16xFAA.
                    Sure thing, number one:
                    Attached Files
                    Specs:
                    MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Please note that I used almost the highest Fireworks export setting for jpg (95) for both screenies to make sure that the quality is good.
                      Attached Files
                      Specs:

Comment

Could anyone make a screenshot of a wall, with and without anisotropic filtering on.

Serious Sam 2 has truly one of the best texture engines , I mean they look SO good even if you look really close. I never saw that in another game

Ant, those results when overclocking aren't really impressive, look to me that the drivers are fully optimized yet, or there is some other limiting "thing" in 3dmark
                        Hey! You're talking to me all wrong! It's the wrong tone! Do it again...and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron

Comment

Working...
                        X