Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvel g200 and SB live - No Volume control???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel g200 and SB live - No Volume control???

I upgraded my real cheap generic sound card for a sound blaster live value. The sound quality is significantly better but now I can't control the TV volume with the PC-VCR remote of my Marvel G200.

Everything else works fine!

When I adjust the volume on the remote, the SBLive volume control auxiliary slide control goes up and down.

When I adjust the slide control of the line-in on the SBLive volume control, the volume changes.

Why does this bug me?

Anyway if you have any suggestion on how to get the remote volume control to work I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
    Steve

I use the SBLive with the g200 marvel all the time. I skipped using a lot of drivers though. For both cards. I am currently using the 4.51 powerdesk, not sure what version of video tools though.

Comment

Do you mean on capture or playback? In reality, I never use the VCR for either, so am not able to help.

However, I use Live! in a way which I don't think was ever intended, but it works fine. First of all, let it be stated that I use two loudspeakers, which are connected to the "front" jack and the Marvel BOB to the "rear" jack. I have created two extra profiles, one for capture use which is similar to the normal 2-speaker recording configuration and this uses only the computer l/ss. The second profile is when I want to view a clip on the TV monitor or to record a VCR tape. This puts the front/rear slider right into the rear position and this sends the sound only to the TV set-up. Advantage: saves me crawling behind the computer to swap plugs in the jacks; with a mouse click I can change over. I suppose this would be no use for games buffs who like 120 dB screaming at them from each of the eight corners of the room.

One thing you didn't mention: which drivers are you using? I use v. 2 and this is a distinct improvement on v. 1 which shipped with the card (at least, at the time I bought it). If you don't have v. 2, download it from the sblive web site. The visual interface is different, but it is worth it.

------------------
      Brian (the terrible)

Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I have no sound control when i'm just watching tv. The remote volume control won't work.

I'll try the new drivers.

thanks,
        pigseye

Comment

New drivers won't help if you don't have the PC-VCR settings correct. Try running the Matrox Quick Connect applet and setting the correct line-in device to use on the SBLive. (It's different on the SBLive, mainly because of how MANY inputs there are.)
          Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Well I finally gave up on the Soundlaster Live and installed a SB PCI128. It works fine and I now have volume control on my PC-VCR remote.

Wish I knew why the Live didn't work.

Pigseye

Comment

Working...
            X