No announcement yet.

Marvel G400 - how picky about own IRQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 - how picky about own IRQ?

My Marvel G400 is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but I wanted to ask current Marvel G400 owners and Marvel G200 owners if they have any PCI devices sharing an IRQ with the Marvel. Right now I have my Linksys NIC sharing an IRQ with the USB controller because my SB Live! and Adaptec SCSI controller don't like sharing with it, but I still have problems. I was hoping I could share my ethernet card with the G400... any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Celeron 300a @ 450MHZ
    ABIT BH6
    CuBIG 128MB PC-100
    STB Velocity TNT 4400 AGP
    Maxtor 27.2GB (5400RPM), Maxtor 10.0GB (7200)
    Adaptec 2940U SCSI-2 PCI Controller
    SB Live! Value
    Linksys EtherPCI Lan II Ethernet card
    Plextor 12/20 Plex SCSI CDROM
    Sony 948s 4x8 SCSI CD-R
    Iomega Zip100 Ext-SCSI

------------------
    -=ODiN=-
    -=ODiN=-

nope, try to get that g400 on it's own... might work, but not at it's 100%

Comment

Hi,

If you're really short on IRQs try disabling a com port or maybe USB if you don't need it. Sharing anything with a video card is not the best solution for optimal performance from your card.

J

Comment

Hi Odin

I have a conflict between the G200 and my PCI bridge controller, I havent tried capturing video since a recent rebuild which caused this. I have not managed to remove the problem yet, I think I have to use another video card for that which I dont have!!!

I would like to know how serious a problem this might be if anyone can advise please.

Best of luck Odin.

Biker

Comment

Hi Biker,

If you are using windows 95 don't worry about the conflict it's normal with an AGP card.

J

Comment

yep, Win95 does not fully recognize the AGP port and always reports a conflict. MS says that this should not affect performance but that this conflict will always be reported in win95, if you don't want to see it, go to win 98...

Comment

Hi

My G200 Marvel is currently sharing IRQ with one of my SCSI cards, and it has not created any problems. Both gaming and video editing works flawlessly. And my SBLive! shares IRQ with both my USB ports (and yes, I do mean both).

Ghydda

------------------
              A slowly desintegrating nobody running an Athlon 500MHz+Alpha P125 on a FIC SD11 with 256MB CAS2 Memorycard, Adaptec 2940UW, Adaptec 2904CD, 3 SCSI HD, JVC 2x toaster, Plextor 40Max, Pioneer DVD-U03S, SBlive Value with homemade S/P-DIF I/O-card and last but not least - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 8+8MB SD with PowerStrip@110/147MHz

Only thing missing: Matrox RT2K
              As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
              My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
              |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Working...
              X