Buy a Marvel G200 or a Marvel G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy a Marvel G200 or a Marvel G400

I want to buy a capture-card for getting my videotapes on CD as MPEG(1).
    I'm not so convinced by the quality and usability of MPEG-capturing solutions like miroMP10 or
    Dazzle DVC. So I decided to buy a Matrox Marvel. Now I have the question which card I should buy. The older Marvel G200
    (which I can get about half the price of the Marvel G400) or the new Marvel G400 (quite expensive here in Germany).
    3D-performance is not so important as it is capture quality, the possibility/easyness to capture more than 2GB and a
    good TV output (my ASUS 3400TNT has not that good TV out).

Thanks a lot

Iceman

Iceman,

I'm still working on my review of the Marvel G400-TV, but so far I am impressed with the quality over and above that of the G200 Marvel. Specifically with the quality of TV input AND video output. Plus some other little features that make life a bit easier.

If you look down the forum at Elies threads, you'll find some examples of his tests. Bear in mind that they have had to be compressed like crazy to make them net-friendly, but even so the vibrant colours have to be seen.

My review should be ready by the weekend, and I'll try to post some clips and/or snaps to show you the quality.

I won't make an out-and-out recommendation yet, in case I trip over something I don't like, but initial testing is looking good

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X