Marval & G400+RRG (+ teletext ?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marval & G400+RRG (+ teletext ?)

What do I gain / lose by going for a G400 (already got one) and a RR over a Marval? Ignore any cost implications.

Also, is there any UK teletext software supplied with either of them?

Gareth

Gareth,

Come back to me at the weekend for a definitive answer. 3 days ago I would have advised G400 & G-RR because of the software package. Now I am testing the G400-TV (marvel) and I'm not sure that would have been the right choice.

The G400-TV does come with teletext software for UK, but I haven't got it to work yet - but to be fair, I haven't done any more than load it up and try to run it, so that ain't exactly an in-depth assessment.

Comment

The suspense is killing me

Comment

DaddyBay,

Sorry, I'm working on it as fast as I can. I'm not going to spoil the surprise, but I have a feeling that it will boil down to another case of "horses for courses", and will depend on exactly how you want to use the hardware.

I guess that ain't a surprise !

Anyhow, I don't have time to talk, I've got to get back to Wild Metal Country

[This message has been edited by This_Idiot (edited 27 October 1999).]

Comment

Oh no. I can't wait that long....
          Can't you smell the money burning a hole in my pocket.....

Go on give me a sneak preview. I do already have the G400 32M version, so it would be easier to keep it, and also I wonder if I'll need the 32m of memory one day, but against that I have haven't had much success with the dual head part, so won't miss that too much ( I want to watch a DVD film on the second monitor, but just get a black window)
          Gareth

Comment

TI,

Take your time. I know it will be worth it in the end. I have read several reviews of the new Marvel and none of them addresses the video capture, editing and output issues to my satisfaction. I am convinced that the reviewers don't actually do much, if any, video editing regularly -- just for the reviews. (One reviewer said that he prefers to use Premiere, but Avid Cinema comes in a close second!) I am looking forward to the real nitty gritty; in particular, comparisons with the Marvel G200 and G400+RR.

Cheers (No really, I'm cheering you on.)

Comment

Working...
            X