Best drivers for Media Studio 5.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best drivers for Media Studio 5.0?

Hi, Can anyone tell me which Marvel 200 drivers are the most stable for use with Media Studio 5.0. I have been testing MSP 5.0 VE (with PD 5.15, VT 1.5) and my system crashes when I close MSP. If I lower the hardware acceleration, the crashing seems to stop, but this causes some other problems. I just ordered MSP 5.0 from the Egghead auction and would like install the most reliable drivers. I have already tried all of Dr. Modrid's and This Idiots tips. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Frank

Make sure you get the 5.2 update from Uleads web site.

I've just been down the path you are going.

I had no real problems with MSPro5.2 and VideoTools 1.21 with either PowerDesk 4.026 or 4.033 and stumbling around with it for a day had no crashes or lock-ups. I thought MSPro was the salvation of my Marvel until I tried to make a tape.

I only upgraded PD from 4.026 to 4.033 to see if the driver had any effect on the bad color I was getting on tape out (reds turn into oranges) which it didn't. With the 4.033 drivers I did notice one of the same problems that affects Premiere, namely sometimes when playing back a MJPEG the computer fails to respond to control mouse clicks until the clip plays to completion. Very weird. I didn't notice this with the 4.026 drivers but I didn't stay with them very long as the bad tape out color problem was pretty obvious.

I'm now fighting with Matrox tech support to get another RMA to get a 100% working Marvel.
    (My initial board kept thinking it also had a RR-G attached and thus refused to work most of the time, I got really fed up with safe-mode boots, regedit and re-installing Matrox drivers)

--wally.

Comment

Working...
    X