Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Marvel 5.30 drivers

Hi everyone,

I just installed the new Marvel G200 drivers (5.30 and video tools 1.51)and it seems that a few things did not install correctly.

I have a Video Tools folder in my program files and in my start menu but there is no sign of a Powerdesk folder in either location. The Matrox Quick Desk icon is in my task bar so I have access to the Power Desk features there, but if I close it down, the only way I can access it again later is by rebooting.

My previous driver version was 4.33 and I did a thorough driver uninstall procedure as indicated on the Matrox site. The new information sheet under Matrox properties say that my PowerDesk version is 5.30.007 (just what it should be) and my display driver is 4.11.01.2300 (is this # correct?).

I uninstalled everything again using the utility from the Matrox site, reinstalled and same results. Still no PowerDesk folder

I'm still kind of new at this so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated (because I probably haven't tried it yet!)

ChuckB

Marvel G200TV-AGP, P3 450 128MB, AsusP2B-F

You don't have to reboot to access Powerdesk, it is now incorporated in Display Properties, and in addition to the taskbar icon, you can access it from "Control Panel\Display", or just by right-clicking the desktop and choosing "Properties".

Pertti

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pertti

Its helpful to know that this is the way its supposed to be and that the install was OK. I now see in the options sheet of Display Properties that I can get the task bar icon back if I close it down. I also found in the PowerDesk Help "Some PowerDesk features can only be accessed with QuickDesk"

thanks again
      ChuckB

Comment

Working...
      X