Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a turkey in my computer!

Gobble..Gobble!

Ok..Hi, I could use a little expert help here. A little amateur help might be good to since I'm not paying. My Problem.... I have A Marvel G200. I captured several clips with PC VCR-Remote. Reports 0 frames dropped every time. When playing back the video looks like it is on fast forward and it is over in a couple seconds. I read all the tips and did all the usual stuff I think...like, disable write behind cache, video tips off, this machine is a network server ,DMA enabled, Busmaster driver, Yadda yadda yadda, anybody have a suggestion?? And last but not least..drum roll please..... my system is...

Abit BH6
    Celleron 300a @ 450
    128 mb pc100 ram
    SB Live! Value
    Marvel G200
    Memorex 4224 CD RW channell 2 primary
    BTC 44X CD channell2 slave
    WD 8.4 GB UDMA 66 system drive
    Maxtor 20.4GB DiamondMax+7200 capt. drive
    PCI modem/no network card
    P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
    MSI 645 Ultra
    256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
    Matrox Marvel G200
    etc...
    ect....

I had this problem when I disabled virtual memory. The video played back really fast. The problem only went away when I turned virtual memory back on.

Comment

Disable the SBLive and see if that works !

If so, download and install the latest SBL drivers. This problem was widespread at the end of last year.

Comment

Ahem, that problem was fixed with the matrox driver

SwAmPy

Comment

Hello,

Be sure that IRQ triggering is set to level rather than edge in your M/B Bios.

Oh and check assign IRQ to vga is enabled as well (in your m/b BIOS).

Regards,
          - James

Comment

Viola! Success!
            I installed(actually re-installed, I think) DX 7, Powerdesk 5.30 and Video tools1.51 and it works like a charm (as far as I can tell) no drops and perfect playback, even from the C: drive to!

For all the complaining I've read I can tell you it really wasn't that hard, I popped the thing in there loaded the LATEST drivers and presto,it works perfect. And I have the dreaded SB Live! and the Abit BH6 to. The picture quality is great also.
            P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
            MSI 645 Ultra
            256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
            Matrox Marvel G200
            etc...
            ect....

Comment

Working...
            X