dvd with cd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd with cd

Hi Chris .Thanks for the report on the Pinnacle & Matrox units. I'm glad your getting to play a little. I'm wondering about your comment - " Actually you can also write DVD material with a CD Writer. (I wasn't aware of this)
    How is this done? Can it be played in a standalone DVD player?Any details would be really appreciated.
    Thanks smitty

Hi Smitty,

I wish that I WAS getting a play, all of the info that I published was based on short (around 30-40 mins) demonstrations of the kit to me followed up by a whole lot of reading up on technical documentation and finally querying both Pinnacle and Matrox on unclear points.

I really don't know how DVDs are authored onto CD-R, this was a comment passed to me by Matrox. You may get some more info by doing a websearch on DVDit, which is the authoring package that Matrox are bundling with the RT2000

Comment

The DVD is created using DVDit LE from SonicSolutions. The product will burn your project onto a variety of output formats: DVD, Video CD, PC Runtime or eDVD(tm) web pages.

Theoretically, you could create a low res version of your final DVD project and test it with a regular cd. Once your happy with the way you've authored the material, you can output a hi-res version to DVD. Note that the full version of DVDit allows you to create a virtual DVD of your project on your HD and test it out.

Comment

Thanks guys.I'll just have to wait until the RT2000 is released and try it then.I find this aspect interesting , as small productions could be authored to CD-R , giving easier hi-quality display. (not many people have SVHS decks). I wonder if a interactive menu is possible?
        Thanks again , smitty

Comment

Working...
        X