Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install Morgan MJPEG codec in W2K???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install Morgan MJPEG codec in W2K???

I want to try editing under Win2K with MSP 5.2. I have MSP 5.2 loaded, but I want to be able to view and edit MJPEG. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to add video codecs like you could in NT 4.0.

Has anyone accomplished this feat?

Thank you,

Jeepster
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Bringing back to top...
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

Well i've used morgan m-jpeg in rc1 - rc3 with no problems at all.

But i just have used it with mediaplayer and mpeg2avi -->mjpeg codec

And premiere 5.1

No ulead msp

Dragmore

Comment

dragmore,

How did you actually install it? The instructions I have show that you need to add it with the Control Panel, Multimedia Properites, and then you add the codec. I don't have an "Add" choice.

Did you manually install it, or am I missing something totally easy?

Comment

if you have installed the 5.00 drivers for win2k. you can try installing the videotools for windows NT to get the RR-G hardware-codec working (but the capture part of the RR-G wouldn't work. it just give a BSOD).

Comment

Here is how i installed it.
            Goto control panel
            Open "Add/Remove hardware"
            Choose "Add device"
            Windows searches for new hardware
            Choose "Add a device"
            Choose "No, I want to select..."
            Choose "Sound video game controllers"
            Choose "(Standard system device)" and "video codec"
            Browse for the NT INF file for Morgan MJPEG codec.

Comment

Thanks JoakimC,

I will have to get used to the new way to add stuff. I will give it a try!

Comment

Working...
              X