Playing Mpeg2 files with Matrox PC-VCR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Mpeg2 files with Matrox PC-VCR

Does any know if the Matrox PC-VCR can play Mpeg2 files? I have rendered some clips from Mjpeg-->Mpeg2 using the Ligos transcoder. At one point in time, I was able to use the Matrox PC-VCR to play these files but I had to reformat my hard drive and after I reinstalled everything, that function was lost and I can't use the Matrox remote to play the Mpeg2 files anymore. Windows Media Player can play them but I don't like using it since it does not have a playlist function. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Dave

If you've reloaded your system from scratch you've probably lost your MPEG2 codec. Try installing the latest Mediaplayer and you should find that it updates the codec "list" which should make MPEG2 available to PC-VCR again

Comment

Hi,

I tried reinstalling the latest Windows Media Player (version 6.4) and still didn't work. I even tried reinstalling the matrox Video tool 1.51 as well. The Matrox PC-VCR is still not picking up the Mpeg2 files. What's strange is that the Windows Media Player can play them without any problems and as far as I know, the PC-VCR uses the Windows Media player to play video files so there's no reason why the PC-VCR wouldn't work. Any other suggestions??

Dave

Comment

Hi,

Had the same problem!
        What I did: Install Matrox DVD Player
        (it installs cinemaster drivers)

Then use Media player (in accesoires) NOT Windows medai player!

If you have some luck, you'll see a Cinemaster Device and you'll be able to play mpeg2 with it. not PC_VCR!!

5PS you also can try the eval version of powerdvd2.5...)
        Fauc

Comment

dave w

Correction - Windows Media Player V6.4 it does have a playlist function. Make a file in which you list the files to play:

file_number_1.avi
          file_number_2.avi
          file_number_3.mpg
          file_number_4.qt
          etc...

Exactly like a Winamp playlist.

Ghydda

[This message has been edited by Ghydda (edited 13 December 1999).]
          As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
          My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
          |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Hi,

Can you clarify for me exactly how you can create a playlist for the Windows Media Player then? I tried but go nowhere. Thanks

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X