g400tv and webcamnow.com doesn't work together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g400tv and webcamnow.com doesn't work together

hello, i installed a g400tv and tried to broadcast to webcamnow.com but it seems to conflict with the g400tv drivers, even after installing a seperate cam plugged into a usb port, the software still won't work, everything works fine on my millinium2 card on a different computer though, anyone else get this g400tv and webcamnow.com combo to work? thanks

------------------

Most video capture systems won't support USB cams because the old video-for-windows standard only allows ONE capture device. That position is taken up by the Marvel.

I'm assuming the machine with the Mil-II doesn't have a Rainbow Runner attached, right? That makes the USB cam the one-and-only capture device.

This situation might be helped by having WDM drivers and Windows98SE, but that's only a guess.

Haig?

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

hello, i had win98 se installed and had hooked up my camcorder to the g400tv, it works perfect, but when i run the webcamnow program to transmit video, it's all screwed up, tiny video box with grey snow top 1/3, and it wont let me change any options, and then if i try and run the vcr capture program by matrox it won't let me record anymore ad i have to reinstall. Even with just the g400tv carwd installed but not the capture program i can't get the intel usb cam to work with webcamnow but on my other system with a mill2, webcamnow works with the usb cam (i dont have a RR installed). So i have concluded that the webcamnow program doesn't like the g400tv driver. maybe ill have to try nt4 and see if it makes any difference, thanks for the reply any other suggestions?

------------------

Comment

Did you get your settings right ?

I spent hours trying to get Netmeeting working with the Marvel (G200, have't tried with the G400), it was galling to find out that the capture options I was running were incorrect.

Looking at Webcamnow.com, they quote 320*240 "millions of colours" as the correct settings. How the program copes with the 3+Mb/s datarate I don't know, but you'll have to set it up from the "Advanced" section of the "recording" tab within PC-VCRs properties.

Hope this works for you

Comment

Working...
        X