Why do i have a 1 gig limit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do i have a 1 gig limit ?

Why cant i encode avi`s larger than 1 gig ?
    I have a miro studio dc10+, and lxs-mpeg encoder 3.0.
    With the studio software i can create(not record !) avi`s as big as my harddrive space allows me. But whenever i try to encode anything larger than 1 gig, using the profile for video cd pal(in lxs-mpeg encoder 3.0), it gives me an error after some 15 min or so. The error does not orcur if i cut the same file below 1 gig. The large avi`s (above 2 gig) play back fine through the windows media player. The lxs encoder claims that if windows is able to play the avi through the media player, the lxs encoder should be able to encode it nomatter how big it is.
    About the same thing happens with the xing encoder.
    What is wrong ?

Your avi files are encoded as OpenDML 1.2 files. Those files are internaly sort of several 1GB sized avi files. LSX cannot read OpenDML 1.2 files thus the error after one GB. Try to see if your Studio app allows you to create standard 1.0 avi files. Like this you could at least render to <2GB files and feed them into LSX.

HTH

Markus

------------------

Comment

Hmmm...

"as OpenDML 1.2 files. Those files are internaly sort of several 1GB sized avi files"...

Interesting, Markus, you don't happen to know which version of MediaPlayer came with OpenDML support first ?

I am asking this because at one point, the scratchpad in MediaStudio, as well as the Explorer Preview with AVI:s stopped working with bigger than 1GB AVI:s.

Pertti

Comment

Working...
      X