RR can capture mpeg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR can capture mpeg?

I remember somebody said RR could capture in mpeg with some unofficial third party software. I forgot its name. Could somebody tell me that software's name and where i can get it?

And another question:
    Is there any software that can compress multiple mjpeg avi files into one mpeg file? I mean i won't worry about the problems of joining mpegs if the avi files can be directly trans to one mpeg file.

Hi Fengzi,

I have a Mystique G200 with RR-G running Windows 98 and Windows NT4.

I use Videostudio 4 from Ulead http://www.ulead.com.

This allows me to capture *REAL-TIME* into MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 (requires at least PII400 for MPEG-1 and PIII500 for MPEG-2).

Also I can input several M-JPEG avi files (captured using any Video For Windows Capture Utility e.g. Matrox PC-VCR) and output to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, avi, asf, or Quicktime.

Works a treat although the MPEG-2 encoding can be quite slow (about 3-5x realtime on my PII 350).

Comment

Have you actually tried capturing realtime full screen MPEG2?

On one of those 1048 MHz PIII's?

Comment

No, I've only tried Realtime MPEG-2 at 352x288, and even then I only get about 10fps (keeps dropping frames so much).

As for PIII 1048Mhz's, you'd have to go some to overclock from the standard 800Mhz that is currently available.

A 1GHZ Athlon using a Kryotech cooling system should be enough though.

Comment

Working...
        X