Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY Best way is to use:
    SmartCap - no problem with 2 Gb
    Adobe premiere and Panasonic MPEG1 Enc Along 2.2 - have some goods about Plugin
    1. Capture a movie at 352x576 (format to make good VCR copy)
    2. Join avi files in Premiere 5.1c
    3. Export Movie using 352x576 (to 2 Gb)
    4. Write VCR copy by Win Mediaplayer (for 2GB AVI and Ulead Mediaplayer - more 2Gb)
    5. Make MPEG1 2048 kbits/s, audio 224 kbits/s, 352x240 - by Panasonic MPEG1
    (good BAT)
    6. 40 min good mpeg1 video on CD-R (650 mb)
    It's not VideoCD format, but you can play it by all computers by MediaPlayer, and its best than VideoCD film
    "Panasonic gives the best MPEG1 quality (I tryied all others..)" - I am agree

Yuri

Comment

I just noticed that using ifilmedit to join 2 mpeg1 files that are "Cd V2.0 compliant"(Nero), makes the outcomming file NOT cd v2.0 compliant.
      Bad luck.
      By the way - does anyone know why i cant encode avi files longer than 1 gig ?
      I use lxs encoder 3.0 - or xing 2.21.

Comment

Phire, either/both. You can use virtualdub to feed an avi to an encoder which is larger than the encoder would normally accept. You can feed a sequence of avis to an encoder which is otherwise unable to encode several avis into a single output mpeg. (Useful if you have MSP and want to use the panasonic encoder).

Ole, are you previewing the input avi while encoding? If so have you tried turning off all preview options to see if this avoids the error at 1GB?

Comment

SteveR, what encoder works with virtueldub ?
          Lxs 3.0 doesn`t work. I would like to have an encoder that makes vcd 2.0 compliant mpeg`s.
          I will try messing with the preview thing as soon as possible. Thanks for the tip.
          Someone on this forum told me that reason for my 1 gig limit with the lxs and xing encoders are that my avi files are encoded as OpenDML 1.2 files. I will have to look into this as well. I have got no ideer what this is.

Comment

I have used the panasonic encoder with virtualdub.

I did try the xing demo version, and virtualdub frameserver worked fine with that. Serving either a single avi or a sequence of avis which were encoded into a single mpeg. There is a 30 sec limit on the mpegs produced by the demo versio, but it did show that virtual dub was feeding the avis to the xing encoder.

With both the xing demo and the panasonic encoder I had to use the "vcm option" for the frameserver. The "avifile option" did not work.

All said, by far the most convenient way to get large avis ancoded would be by using a video editor which supports multiple avis and an encoder plug-in, as long as you have a compatible editor and plug-in. (I think there are panasonic, lsx and xing plug-ins for premiere.)

Comment

Working...
            X