Premiere 5.1c w/Marvel G400 strobe problems on the timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere 5.1c w/Marvel G400 strobe problems on the timeline

I'm using a PII 450 with the Marvel G400 card and Premiere 5.1c and am experiencing 2 problems. 1st, When i import video into the bin and then play it in the source window for the first time, the video plays back just fine but i cannot stop the playback and the video freezes in the source window but continues to play on the NTSC Monitor. Once it has played through the entire clip, I then have control over the source window and can continue to mark my ins and outs and scrub the clip with now problems. The 2nd problem is taking that clip to the timeline. When i do this and play it back on the timeline, I get a strobe effect. When i export the movie and view it, it play's back fine. First of all, is this normal? If not, Any suggestions on what i may do to correct this annoying problem would be greatly appreciated?
    I am using the Matrox 30fps full MJPEG codec in capture (Using the remote) and also within Premiere.

It has a lot to do with the desktop settings, mainly the 16 bit or 24 bit settings. I think that it is because that MJPEG capture is 24-bit and the dmb1 codec plays back at 16 bit for some strange reason. I have spent countless hours these last few weeks trying to come up with a fix. The best I have so far is to use the Morgan codec for editing. There are settings to disable it so when you export the final product, you don't use it. You can still capture using HW MJPEG with the PC-VCR program with the codec enabled (16 bit desktop though). Use the Morgan codec for the Video setting in Premiere. Also don't forget the PREM50.ini file that's on the install CD. I use the dualhead multi display and extend my desktop with the TV to the right at 800x640 and set so the top of both monitors line up. I open Premiere, have my Computer monitor at 24 bit, and my TV at 16 bit. I minimize and stretch premiere to fit both screens and put the monitor window on the TV. I perfer the single monitor view. It actually isn't too bad, you can size it to fill up most of the screen and you still have all of the controls right there. You can then do frame by frame and jog for both the source and program. This is the best I came up with so far, if anyone has something better let me know.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Thanks for your input!! I'll give it a try tonight.

Nick

Comment

I am running Power Desk 5.41 and video tools 1.51. *** Special note do not use [override] NoDirectShow=1 as suggested by Adobe in your prem50.ini file. Video freezes if you do but plays on the TV until the end.

PD 5.25 had no problems with this either way[override] NoDirectShow=1.

Stan

Comment

Working...
        X