Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone compare the TV tuners on the marvel and RR-G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone compare the TV tuners on the marvel and RR-G?

I bought a RR-G and I would like to know what I'm missing.

Plus does anyone have a RR-G thats working properly? I'm quite far from it (the card is not even detected)but I would like to know what I can look forward to.

Matrox won't currently give me access to a G400Mill or Max, so I haven't had the opportunity of trying a G-RR in combination with a G400. However, the tuner section of my G400 Marvel seems clearer than a G-RR in conjuction with a G200 Millenium.

Your other problem has already been documented at the site, and as you are aware is probably due to the fact that your power supply is giving 0.3 amps across the -5v and -12v rails. You therefore have 2 options, either get a refund on your G-RR or use a power supply with adequate amperage. There doesn't seem any point in dragging up the same point every couple of weeks when there can be no other resolution.

Just for the book, there have been a lot of posts about the power supply being the cause of all kinds of "bugs" with the RR. Most of this is complete fiction. The specific symptoms of the problems that might be caused by PSU inadequacy are in this sites FAQ's. (That wasn't aimed at you Boul, it was a "public information statemnet")

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Actualy there is a problem with RRG+G400!

BUT the problem lies somwhere in the G400 drivers in PD5.30!

PD 5.15 works great!

------------------
      INTEL PIII550 MSI 6163
      G400Mill 32MB SGRAM + RRG
      SBlive
      128 MB RAM
      19GB HDD Space! (6.4+13 quantum drives)
      SONY CDU771 32X SLOT IN
      SONY CRX100E 4/2/24 CDRW

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Technoid

It seems there are several problems with the G400. But we are specifically concerned with PS amperages here.

I'm happy to try and catalog new problems, but Its real important to try and seperate problems

Comment

Working...
        X