G400 with G-RR or Marvel G400-TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 with G-RR or Marvel G400-TV

I am just about to purchase a G400 or Marvel G400 - TV and I was wondering whether the G400 with a G-RR has the same quality of video capturing as the G400-TV. Also, does the G-RR come with a BOB (and if so, does this have S/PDIF out like the G200 Marvel BOB)?

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this has been asked before.

Thanks for your help!

As far as quality goes, you'd have to eyeball the two products and take a guess. The most I've heard is that the TV tuner quality is just a bit less on the RRG, but I imagine that's the eye of the beholder again. I can't imagine why that would be because they're the same technology.

The RR-G comes with the Breakout box. I don't know if it comes with S/PDIF, doesn't matter to me as I don't trust the BOB's audio out cables - I would much rather go directly from the sound card to my amp.

- Aryko

Comment

Reams have been written about the differences between the G400/G-RR combo and the G400 Marvel, so I'll let you search thru the forum for the goodies.

SPDIF is NOT a feature of the G400's BOB, this happily clears up the plethora of queries about it's use since no-one seemed to know (or remember for long). In fact the ONLY use for the SPDIF was to connect a home cinema system to Matrox own hardware DVD player - of which very few ever made it to market.

Comment

Working...
      X